February east coast group shoot / gathering

Announcements for your geographic region, or province.
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Re: February east coast group shoot / gathering

Post by Combat Controller »

I would like to try and come, my shooting fiesta is in March usually.

BUT

Miss G&T's birthday is the 14th of February. Double whammy.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Precision

Post by Precision »

If you guys want to change it to the following weekend, I have no problem. From user input and the fact that it is a longer weekend I chose Presidents day weekend. I don't really care when it is, so long as it is between jan 15 (end of deer season) and March 20 (beginning of turkey season).

But I do want to get a date set so I can have a goal and get the particulars set up.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
cu74

Post by cu74 »

Precision wrote:..........But I do want to get a date set so I can have a goal and get the particulars set up.
I'm still up for any date between January 15 and March 20. I have a 2010 calendar, but it has no entries on it. (Long range planning for me is what's for dinner..... ;) ) The weather in Georgia during that time period is bound to be warmer than in Kansas.

I missed CC's fiesta last year because I didn't want to drive through snow, sleet and ice between Kansas and Texas (and I have been kicking myself ever since). February in Georgia and Texas in March sounds like a welcome relief from winter to this poor old Southern Boy living in Kansas.
Jim Dozier - Straight, but not narrow...
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition.” - Rudyard Kipling.
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

I am most likely still going to do it in March this year.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
cu74

Post by cu74 »

Precision wrote:But I do want to get a date set so I can have a goal and get the particulars set up.
This thread has been dormant for a couple of months and it's time make some progress. My wife and I had one of her Let's Coordinate Our Calendars "events" today and I couldn't give her a firm date for the February Georgia Shoot. :oops: Weather permitting, (I do live in Kansas - snow, sleet, ice, etc. - and will have to drive through Missouri and Ill Annoy - snow, sleet, ice, etc. - to get to the shoot) I will be there if I know when. I have February 13/14 penciled in on my calendar.

Let's get over the Valentines Day whining, (can we not be BOTH lovers AND shooters?) or whatever else is troubling us and make a commitment so Precision can set up his event. We're talking about Gun Counter meeting and shooting here folks! :D It will be a shame if only Precision and I get to enjoy Georgia Shooty Goodness in February.
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition.” - Rudyard Kipling.
Precision

Post by Precision »

The thread is no longer dormant. :D

As some of you may have gathered, I am very gung-ho on doing an East coast meet and shoot. We are but 7 weeks away from "my" gathering so lets get some stuff working here.

The dates are President's / Valentine's weekend. Feb 12-15
As my "work" schedule is very flexible, I will be arriving at the property around 1400 on Friday. If anyone is planning on getting there earlier, let me know and I can get up their earlier.

I am going up for a week of hunting staring on Monday (Dec 21). So any questions regarding local attractions (etc) can be researched while I am there. Drop me a line and I'll check it out. I will also look at the old posts to see what has come up so far.

Suggestions for activities, shooting or otherwise are appreciated.

I must apologize for my tardiness in getting back to this, but those of you who have been following my thread on breast cancer know that my life has been a bit busy recently. Chemo has started and she is doing quite well (so far).
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

So...who's coming, and who's bringing what?

I really hope to attend, but the February duty calendar isn't out yet.
cu74

Post by cu74 »

I'm still planning on driving out from Kansas, (weather permitting) picking up my son (Auburn, Ga) and shooting on Saturday and Sunday. He (we) may have to do some major sucking up with his wife to get around the Valentine's day thing, but I think I have enough brownie points built up with her to pull it off.
JKosprey

Post by JKosprey »

Damn. Quite a way from NY, and I really don't want to fly with firearms. Unless something comes up to make it work, I'll have to call a rain check.
Precision

Post by Precision »

Well I guess we know I'll be there.

I am planning on bringing my MN 44, MN 91/30, SKS and a few pistols. Nothing exciting, but its what I have, that is mildly interesting.

Some ideas for things to do.

bring some decoys/ calls and do some coyote hunting -- there are plenty of them

general shooting goodness--3 places to set up for different things
up to 300 yards
pistol
short to medium rifle
long range rifle
skeet

there is a WMA within half an hour where we could POSSIBLY do a hog hunt. hunting license required and they have a hog season on the WMA and that WMA does not always hold hogs. Will research if there is interest

I am thinking about making a dinner for one of the nights. I provide the meat (smothered porkchops or chicken caciatore (sp?)) and you guys provide the other stuff pot luck.

one lunch/dinner do an OC meal at a local restaurant. There are several options and as long as you have a reciprocal CCW for GA, OC is no problem. I do it all the time there.

So who else is in?