Manual transmission flummoxes carjackers

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Linkarooni to several stories, one of which is:

SAN DIEGO: A 24-year-old man parking his car was beaten in an attempted carjacking early yesterday morning in the Darnall neighborhood of San Diego.

The man had parked on Bates Street near 58th Street about 2:30 a.m. when he was approached by three males wearing dark clothing. The trio pulled the victim out of his car, beat him on the head with a black handgun and demanded cash, police said.

The assailants then got into the victim's Saturn sedan and tried to drive away, but they couldn't work the car's manual transmission. Police said they ran away without the victim's cash. The victim suffered cuts to his head. –A.M.

More..............
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Erik

Re: Manual transmission flummoxes carjackers

Post by Erik »

The assailants then got into the victim's Saturn sedan and tried to drive away, but they couldn't work the car's manual transmission.
:lol: :lol:

Maybe I shouldn't laugh, I have some issues with automatic gears. But at least I can get the car moving with it... And I'm not a carthief.. :lol:
"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid."
John Wayne
sam

Post by sam »

I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often. I've never owned a car with an automatic transmission.
Erik

Post by Erik »

Here you cant even get a drivers license without learning manual. That's what they let you use on the driving test.
Only exception is for those that cant work a manual gearbox for medical reasons, they can get a license for automatic gears only.

Then again, you dont need a drivers license to be a carthief...
"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid."
John Wayne
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

If this was a simple car theft, I would have posted it in Humor, but car-jacking is a significantly more serious crime (robbery as opposed to theft).
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad