February east coast group shoot / gathering

Announcements for your geographic region, or province.
cu74

Re: February east coast group shoot / gathering

Post by cu74 »

Long way from Kansas :( . HOWEVER, I drive back to north Georgia to visit, (and shoot) with my youngest son several time a year. I'll look into scheduling a trip in February. It would still be a bit of a drive from his place (Auburn, between Atlanta and Athens) but I'm betting he would be up for it.

My long range planning resembles First Shirt's, so I won't be making a firm commitment for a few months.
Jim Dozier - Straight, but not narrow...
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition.” - Rudyard Kipling.
Precision

Post by Precision »

Ben Rumson wrote:
Aglifter wrote: I'll be taking the bar in Feb.
Speaking of 'errrah bars, is there a bar around?
Not really. We will be in the middle of official NO WHERE GA. But for a social outing there are bars in Sylvainia (population 2500) +/- 10 miles away. There is a stop and rob about 2 miles away that has all the generic Bud, Miller etc products. I know there is a liquor store in Sylvania but GA has weird liquor laws so plan ahead.

Group event suggestions are welcome.

I am figuring most won't show up until Saturday.

I am thinking
breakfast and lunch on Saturday as BYO
Dinner Pot luck BBQ on Saturday night around the campfire
I can provide a couple of smoked pork butts with my special BBQ sauce and a deer roast or two if needed or wanted along with some fresh veggies

Sunday
open to suggestions

Monday
open to suggestions

I will also be looking into local fun sights to visit

and remember GA is an OC state but with PERMIT ONLY. Check reciprocity
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Precision

Post by Precision »

cu74 wrote:
My long range planning resembles First Shirt's, so I won't be making a firm commitment for a few months.
No worries. As long as we have a core group coming any last minute people will be great too.

I am really looking forward to meeting some of you guys. I wish my finances would allow me to go out to some of the group events out west.

Any other forums or groups we should extend invites to?
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
Dedicated_Dad

Post by Dedicated_Dad »

I'd try to travel to make this, but ... Valentine's Day?

Seriously?

I'm an old married dude, and if V-day was anything more than another day it would be a surprise, but if I were to DARE suggest taking off to go shooting it would probably land me in divorce-court...

Forced to choose, I like [strike]half[/strike] all my stuff a bit more than you guys... ;)

DD
workinwifdakids wrote:MV Gun Counter: "We're like Blackwater, except without the impulse control."
Random Internet Moron wrote: "High Caliber Magazine Clips are only useful for random slaughter of innocent civilians, so they should only be used by the police."
clyde621

Post by clyde621 »

My wife birthday is on the 12. Since we could make it a campout time she may go along with this. Will have to discuss it with her. Put me down as a maybe. ;)
Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.
Theodore Roosevelt
clyde621

Post by clyde621 »

Hey D.D. I got in 42 years myself. If your wife likes camping, hey you never know. Just throw out the idea and see if you get hit with a tent pole or not. :? :D
Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.
Theodore Roosevelt
Dedicated_Dad

Post by Dedicated_Dad »

clyde621 wrote:Hey D.D. I got in 42 years myself. If your wife likes camping, hey you never know. Just throw out the idea and see if you get hit with a tent pole or not. :? :D
Riiiiiiight.

Clearly you've never met my wife. Her idea of "roughing it" is staying in a hotel without turn-down service and chocolates on the pillow.

Camping?
I can't comprehend why anyone would work 50 weeks so they could spend two pretending to be homeless
She's also subject to fits of PSH whenever she sees anything resembling a gun - including a stripped wooden stock. I've tried to teach her SOMETHING - ANYTHING - to help relieve her hoplophobia but she'll literally close her eyes and put her hands over her ears singling "lalalalalala" rather than learn to safe-check a weapon much less fire one.

No, I DON'T understand it. No, I can't really explain how I got through a long courtship without ever stumbling across the subject.

She's finally settling down SOME, yesterday's mass cleaning project went without comment even when I left 6 pistols in a rack on the counter - which is a MAJOR improvement... Maybe 10 years has finally managed to desensitize her at least THAT much... :roll:

DD
workinwifdakids wrote:MV Gun Counter: "We're like Blackwater, except without the impulse control."
Random Internet Moron wrote: "High Caliber Magazine Clips are only useful for random slaughter of innocent civilians, so they should only be used by the police."
clyde621

Post by clyde621 »

LOL. Well I thought it was worth a try. I am glad to be able to say I can"t feel you pain. ;) However in other ways I can feel your pain. :( Hang in there
Theodore Roosevelt
Precision

Post by Precision »

I picked V-day weekend because it was a long weekend (for many) and it is between deer and Turkey season so I can bring unlimited guests to the property.

If the group has a better date, I'm open

Deer season (Sept 12- Jan 15) and turkey Season (March 20 - May 15) are out. I would like to do it sooner than later and Feb is cooler for those not used to southern climate.
Precision

Post by Precision »

I got the 200 yard rifle range back in some semblance of shape this weekend and designed out a pistol range that can be used simultaneously. Will work on building that over the next few trips to GA.

On a side note, had great fun OC'ing and only scared the crap out of one guy at a truck stop.

Went in to relieve myself and once done, went to wash my hand and. the sheeple was in the way to the sink, so he moved while talking to his buddy. He then saw my Glock 17 in the Serpa and went ghost white and his conversation (with his buddy) ended.
As I left, I heard him whispering about it to his buddy, who said "so what, he's probably a cop and he seemed nice enough".

I laughed as I walked out to my truck.

But 3 other gas stations, an hour at Wal-mart getting a tree stand for dad, half an hour in the grocery store and a few other incidentals garnered me a few odd looks and a few smiles and nods.

Dad still thinks I'm nuts but even he was surprised at the lack of response.