Obama's Gift to the Queen is... Himself!?

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
scipioafricanus

Obama's Gift to the Queen is... Himself!?

Post by scipioafricanus »

Well not exactly,

http://hotair.com/archives/2009/04/01/c ... -speeches/

So he gives her an iPod (which she already has), but what is fantastic is what's on it.
Photos from President Obama’s Inauguration
* Audio of then-state senator Obama’s speech at the 2004 Democratic National Convention, and
* Audio of President Obama 2009 Inauguration Address
Like giving someone a dvd with your own home movies on it.

I am now convinced. He is a douche.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
The Quiet Man

Re: Obama's Gift to the Queen is... Himself!?

Post by The Quiet Man »

So, let me get this straight...or new leader gives the Prime Minister of (the once) Great Britain (our best friends) a box of movies as a gift. Not only does that suck, but apparently they also won't work in his home country. And now he gives the Queen of England an IPOD with pictures of himself and audio of his inaguration address (which sucked by virtually everyone's account). This guy is the freakin' president of the United States for crissakes and the best gifts he can come up with for world leaders is crap that a teenager would be embarrassed to give another kid that he hardly knows when invited to his birthday party.

As president of the United States you give gifts that are unique. You give gifts that embody the greatness of America. You give gifts that would be considered treasures by the recipient. You do not give gifts that can be purchased at Best Buy...ever. That is fuckin' insulting. Is this the way that this retard is going to restore the cache of American goodwill around the world? And it's bad enough that he is that clueless, but to make it even worse he surrounds himself with lackeys that apparently don't know any better either. What next...some 50 cent and Jay Z videos for Angela Merkel...a years subscription to Playboy for Sarkozy. Are there any adults in the White House?
Dedicated_Dad

Post by Dedicated_Dad »

What an embarrassment...

Aren't Ipods made in Japan?

DD
workinwifdakids wrote:MV Gun Counter: "We're like Blackwater, except without the impulse control."
Random Internet Moron wrote: "High Caliber Magazine Clips are only useful for random slaughter of innocent civilians, so they should only be used by the police."
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

Dedicated_Dad wrote:What an embarrassment...

Aren't Ipods made in Japan?

DD
"Designed by Apple in California Assembled in China"

SA
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

The Quiet Man wrote:So, let me get this straight...or new leader gives the Prime Minister of (the once) Great Britain (our best friends) a box of movies as a gift. Not only does that suck, but apparently they also won't work in his home country. And now he gives the Queen of England an IPOD with pictures of himself and audio of his inaguration address (which sucked by virtually everyone's account). This guy is the freakin' president of the United States for crissakes and the best gifts he can come up with for world leaders is crap that a teenager would be embarrassed to give another kid that he hardly knows when invited to his birthday party.

As president of the United States you give gifts that are unique. You give gifts that embody the greatness of America. You give gifts that would be considered treasures by the recipient. You do not give gifts that can be purchased at Best Buy...ever. That is fuckin' insulting. Is this the way that this retard is going to restore the cache of American goodwill around the world? And it's bad enough that he is that clueless, but to make it even worse he surrounds himself with lackeys that apparently don't know any better either. What next...some 50 cent and Jay Z videos for Angela Merkel...a years subscription to Playboy for Sarkozy. Are there any adults in the White House?
Pithily put, Quiet Man!
Eppur si muove--Galileo
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Give the guy a break, he won't be able to fix the damage Bush did to our foreign relations over night...

:D
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
workinwifdakids

Post by workinwifdakids »

Dude... he gave the QUEEN the equivalent of a Radio Shack gift card.
:shock:
:lol:

What a douche!
And may I say, from a moral point of view, I think there can be no justification for shoving snack cakes up your action.
--Weetabix
toad

Post by toad »

A number of pundits have stated that they think Oboom has "Narcissistic personality disorder."
Apparently he has surrounded himself with like minds and abilities.
The gaffes just keep coming and repeating. Despite all their left wing plans and play books things keep fouling up and doing the same foul ups.

I'm reminded of back in the day when the hot shot got to go to the NC training school. He partied when he could barely paid attention in class from what the others reported. He came back and did his first program for a big Monarch NC turret lathe. It started out OK, the machine drilled the initial hole, the turret retracted, indexed to the rough cut boring bore, bored to the bottom of the cut, then indexed, that is the turret tried to rotate. Both part and turret went their separate ways. I'm waiting for one of Obama's programs to index at the end of the cut. I just hope nobody gets hurt by all the flying metal.
Rusty Ray

Post by Rusty Ray »

Bet it got re-gifted about 1 second later...Honestly though, what does one give as a gift, to one of the richest women in the world. I wouldn't bother, but just ask her to make a return visit in the near future.

Rusty.
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

What I really wonder in light of this and the DVD set is whether he's really that stupid/clueless/thoughtless, etc, or if he's being deliberately offensive to our ally. I'm not sure which of those two would be worse.

Isn't there someone on the President's staff whose purpose in life is to say "OK Mr President, when you go visit a head-of-state of an allied nation, here's the type of gift you bring."?