Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Netpackrat

Re: Does not follow...

Post by Netpackrat »

It ended up being a good thing I bought an extra gallon of the ISO32 oil for my lathe. Headstock was dry as a bone when I checked it; it took most of a gallon to bring it up to the level of the sight gauge. Looks like they did remember to oil the carriage at least.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Got the lathe bolted down to the concrete in its spot; still need to shim the bases and get it all leveled. Design of the bases is retarded; no drill access from above, so had to position, mark the holes, lift onto pipe rollers, and roll out of the way, just to drill and set anchors. Then roll it back and get it off the rollers. Anchors had to be trimmed to just under the height of the pipe rollers, so I don't have as much protruding thread as I would prefer, but I can make it work. Was a bit of a miracle that all 8 anchors lined up with the holes when I rolled it back into position. At least now I don't have to worry about it getting tipped over. Had a 5.0 earthquake a few nights ago, supposedly an aftershock from our big quake a couple years ago.

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Why are you bolting it down? :|

I can understand the earthquake thing, but other than that, it's not worth it unless you do it on an isolated slab.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

HTRN wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:43 am Why are you bolting it down? :|

I can understand the earthquake thing, but other than that, it's not worth it unless you do it on an isolated slab.
Because the manual recommended it, and it seems pretty easy to tip?

Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Midway appears to have stopped adding a "fuck you for living in Alaska" fee on top of the cost of shipping, so I guess I will start buying stuff from them again.

Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

The news story about local construction said the HVAC system "has been upgraded to better remove air particles..."

I get short of breath without my air particles.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Greg

Post by Greg »

My P365 is very comfortable AIWB carry, I've had it on all day today and am wearing it now.

But this ammo situation is bad. All I've done is clean and lube it and the only ammo I have is a couple boxes of 124gr Gold Dots I paid WAYYY too much for (and feel lucky to have found them at all).
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Probably too expensive to ship to you, but I have a Dillon SDB with 5 caliber setups (including 9mm) I would be interested in selling.

g-man

Post by g-man »

Finally offloaded SWMBO’s Beretta 92FS (only kept for 1:1 practice with a M9 equivalent, and with the advent of the M17, unnecessary), and the S&W Bodyguard .380. Snagged a new Springfield Hellcat. Tier1 holsters have a significant lead time right now, so just rocking an old leather holster. Will probably snag something for AIWB cheap(ish). Did figure out that the mag loading tool for the XD-M works with Hellcat mags, which is fortunate considering the spring pressure on these things.

Have plenty of 9mm ball for practice for now, but could really, really use a box of hydra-shok or similar. Should have bought some at the gun show, but wasn’t thinking about carry ammo at the time.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Thoughts on the Hellcat?
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D