Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
evan price

Re: Does not follow...

Post by evan price »

blackeagle603 wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:01 pm
Yer killin' me Smalls.

I almost got into a couple different older PSDs recently. A '93 F250 4x4 crew cab and a '97 4x4 std cab 5-speed manual. Missed on both, got complicated at home with family (adult children) health crises taking up bandwidth. They were nice low miles (amazing in SoCal) pride of ownership. Would have been selling the '02 Excursion PSD and getting a PU.
The same place I got that $500 FSuper, also has a 2004 6.0 Powerstroke 4x4 automatic regular cab with a utility bed. Body is really good, almost no rust, decent rubber, new batteries. Has some electrical issues, with the result that they put in a pushbutton start switch. But it still drains batteries in a couple weeks. We're still working on price, I offered $1000, he wants $1200 and he owes me $1500 anyway for fixing another truck. I'm just a little skeered about an early 6.0 powerstroke.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Arizona, WTF?
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

6.0 powerstroke?! Don't walk away, run. Same with the 6.4, my brothers burnt to the ground because of their g*daweful regen system malfunctioned.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
g-man

Post by g-man »

HTRN wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:14 am 6.0 powerstroke?! Don't walk away, run. Same with the 6.4, my brothers burnt to the ground because of their g*daweful regen system malfunctioned.
Mine has the 'CEL of death', thrown for the code related to #8 not being healthy due to a life of regen cycles. My DPF may have had an unfortunate accident with a rock drill, and a I may have had to correct for that with some engine programming... but I didn't get to it early enough. IF you undo the stupid early enough, they're actually great motors. Mine will eventually die, and once it's rebuilt I should be good for at least another quarter million miles, especially since the regen will NEVER happen after the rebuild.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

The problem is they're now going after emmisions deletes, and the people getting caught are getting huge fines.

And don't fool yourself about the powerstroke - they multiple issues, like head gaskets, fuel injector and Turbo issues, and failure of the high pressure fuel pump.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
evan price

Post by evan price »

HTRN wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:14 am 6.0 powerstroke?! Don't walk away, run. Same with the 6.4, my brothers burnt to the ground because of their g*daweful regen system malfunctioned.
That $1500 he owes me is from working on his 6.4liter F450. All I did was all the belt drive components, water pump, fan clutch, batteries, filters.
Just enough that I don't want to work on 6.4s anymore.

evan price

Post by evan price »

So I saved from scrap a Mauldin Brothers 1450 3000lb vibratory asphalt roller.
Yeah, I need it like I need a second anus.
Powered by a Briggs & Stratton 16hp opposed twin. Looks like they stored it outside uncovered and water got down the exhaust. Somebody tried to start it and cylinder #1 was full of water, it hydrolocked and snapped the connecting rod.
So I'll need to repower it.
Found a guy advertising a similar motor online, sent messages, guy's a Cub Cadet collector who parts out basket case tractors.
We talked about motor he's got available, he was wondering what model Cub i was working on. Blew his mind when I sent him a picture, lol.

Jered

Post by Jered »

It looks like Michigan has screwed with their voter registration check somehow.

It's no longer possible to go look up the dead people that voted.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
randy

Post by randy »

Strange how that worked....
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

The same place I got that $500 FSuper, also has a 2004 6.0 Powerstroke 4x4 automatic regular cab with a utility bed. Body is really good, almost no rust, decent rubber, new batteries. Has some electrical issues, with the result that they put in a pushbutton start switch. But it still drains batteries in a couple weeks. We're still working on price, I offered $1000, he wants $1200 and he owes me $1500 anyway for fixing another truck. I'm just a little skeered about an early 6.0 powerstroke.

Let that 6.0 run while you look for a Cummins to swap in.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story