Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Netpackrat

Re: Does not follow...

Post by Netpackrat »

You can buy a 50 pack of the RCBS decapping pins on Amazon. There’s two sizes.

Lathe was delivered this morning. Had more of a struggle getting it inside than expected due to ice on the driveway, even using a good pallet jack. The delivery driver was surprised I had my own pallet jack and because lathe, asked if I did my own barrel work. And then proceeded to tell me about his form 1 cans. 🤣

Looks like everything arrived in good shape from what I have looked at so far. Probably not going to take crate apart until I am ready to put it in its ultimate location.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Jered

Post by Jered »

I bent this shit out of the entire decapping assembly.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
g-man

Post by g-man »

Managed to bust one of the sliding windows on my truck camper shell out yesterday morning. That was teh awsum... Hopped in the back to retrieve something, and noticed that I had left the driver’s side slider open ~3/4”. So I slid it shut. Maybe a bit harder than I should have given it being in the 30’s, but no harder than normal. The tree I park under at the house has been dropping leaves and other such detritus pretty heavily, and there must have been something stuck in the slider track, because the window basically exploded from the back lower corner all the way across.

Shit.

I now have some smoked acrylic and a couple of plexiglass-appropriate blades for the table and jig saws, and this should consume about 4 hours of my weekend that so didn’t have spare. Yay.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
evan price

Post by evan price »

Picked up a 1996 Ford F-SuperDuty dually. 7.3 Powerstroke turbo diesel, automatic, 12' flat bed with tool boxes, dual tanks, 2 new steer tires and Rust Free! For $500. Seat isn't even torn up.
Needed a radiator, thermostat, 4 new drive tires, glow plugs, batteries, and a bucket full of small parts from the U-pull-it that cost me maybe $20 including ignition lock & key and door locks & key.

Found a guy on Craigslist not too far that had fancy aftermarket aluminum dually rims on his Chevy that the tire dealer hadn't tightened the lug nuts and they'd chewed up the lug holes in the rear rims, sold me all six for $400. (Tire dealer bought him new rims and tires in exchange for not sueing them when he lost a wheel!)
That got me four brand new BFG All Terrains and two that are pretty used up but good enough for spare.

Rims won't fit my truck (8 lug vs Ford 10 lug) but the tires are correct, and I can just stick the two OK old drive tires on the fancy aluminum front rims and sell them for $200 I'm thinking.

Two new Rural King batteries was $135. Junkyard radiator $75. $40 for coolant and a $15 thermostat.
I think if nothing goes wrong I'll get away with a thousand bucks total in this truck and some sweat equity.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Reason number 438 that I hate plumbing:

Youngest daughter bought an old farm house. Unbeatable deal for some sweat equity.

The kitchen floor is rotted out from multiple inept repairs by former residents (which we knew when she bought it), so we pulled out all the cabinets and the offending dishwasher. Turns out some of the plumbing when through the base of the old steel base cabinets. A sawzall was in order. Everything out. Looks good for the floor repair guys to get in.

But then, we hear water running under the floor. I got the tomahawk out of my truck. You do have a hawk in your truck, right? Chopped a hole in the rotten floor, and we see a rather lovely Ozarks creek running merrily down there. At 4PM on Sunday.

Two houses on the well, well house adjacent to her house, and no shut off valve going into her house. Ugh. Had a plumber come in and cut in a shut off for her house so the neighbor could have water.

Turns out the old galvanized pipe coming up into the kitchen had rusted so badly that some of the disturbances with the cabinet flaked off the rust holding the water in. I'm pretty sure if we'd tried, we could have broken it off by hand pretty easily.

I still hate plumbing.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Weetabix wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:31 pm

I still hate plumbing.
+1
TheArmsman

Post by TheArmsman »

Vonz90 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:12 pm

I still hate plumbing.
+1
+2
When death is inevitable, style counts.

Survival trumps programming.
randy

Post by randy »

TheArmsman wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:04 pm
Vonz90 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:12 pm

I still hate plumbing.
+1
+2
So Say We All!
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Wait... It's election day? Why didn't social media remind me?!
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

evan price wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:10 am Picked up a 1996 Ford F-SuperDuty dually. 7.3 Powerstroke turbo diesel, automatic, 12' flat bed with tool boxes, dual tanks, 2 new steer tires and Rust Free! For $500. Seat isn't even torn up.
Needed a radiator, thermostat, 4 new drive tires, glow plugs, batteries, and a bucket full of small parts from the U-pull-it that cost me maybe $20 including ignition lock & key and door locks & key.
Yer killin' me Smalls.

I almost got into a couple different older PSDs recently. A '93 F250 4x4 crew cab and a '97 4x4 std cab 5-speed manual. Missed on both, got complicated at home with family (adult children) health crises taking up bandwidth. They were nice low miles (amazing in SoCal) pride of ownership. Would have been selling the '02 Excursion PSD and getting a PU.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story