Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Weetabix

Re: Does not follow...

Post by Weetabix »

Jered wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:48 am My parents are here visiting and my mom left the toilet lit open. I found a cat trying to play in the toilet water.
My mother in law does that. Every. Time. No matter how often we tell her we don't want the cats splashing water on the floor. Now, we have toddler grand kids over often who can also enjoy playing in it. Sigh.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Vonz90 wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:47 pm So sizing some 8x57 cases last night and I got one stuck so tight I absolutely could not get it unstuck. Oh well, ran to BassPro and picked up another set (RCBS vs Lee).
Try putting it in the freezer overnight - brass and steel have different rates of thermal expansion.

If you really want to go at it, use a can of cryo spray, but only on the brass. If you cant get a hold of it, those duster cans held upside down(so they spray liquid) work too.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

HTRN wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:34 pm
Vonz90 wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:47 pm So sizing some 8x57 cases last night and I got one stuck so tight I absolutely could not get it unstuck. Oh well, ran to BassPro and picked up another set (RCBS vs Lee).
Try putting it in the freezer overnight - brass and steel have different rates of thermal expansion.

If you really want to go at it, use a can of cryo spray, but only on the brass. If you cant get a hold of it, those duster cans held upside down(so they spray liquid) work too.
I probably should have done that, but I did not.

The problem was the Lee die decapper sets the bullet diameter when you draw it out, which means I could not remove it since the brass was stuck fully seated. I then bent it trying to drill out the brass so I could thread in a bolt to pull it, so toast now.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

It's too bad Dillon doesn't make dies in that caliber; their resize dies incorporate a stuck case removal feature.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

That's a fast $500 down the drain.

Got the septic pumped today. Overdue by a few years but guy said it was ok, just a little thicker than ideal. That's a relief.

Used to be $200 but the rent seekers in the county waste dept jacked up the dumping fee by $300. Can't be having people on septic getting away cheap, not paying a monthly sewer tab w/out some consequences doncha know?
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Learned something last night... If you aren't going to use your lubri-sizer for over 7 years, it's probably a really good idea to remove whatever sizing die you used last prior to storing it. I finally got the .309" die out, but I had to partially disassemble the linkage in order to get my ball joint press on it.

Installed the .401" die and did a bunch of 200 grain SWCs that I had cast up. Found a few with defects that I had missed during casting, but what was really annoying was I was not able to find an adjustment of the bottom stop that would work properly. The bevel base would allow the lower lube holes in the die to fill the space under the bullet with lube, and push the bullet upwards. Adjusting the stop deep enough to prevent that just caused lube to flow out over the nose from the upper lube holes in the die. Was not able to find a good adjustment point; wish I could remember if I had the same problem last time I sized any bullets from the same mold, because I know I had made up several hundred of them previously. The solution should be as simple as removing the die and plugging one set of lube holes with some rivet shanks or something.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Jered

Post by Jered »

I got bored and sent an email to the Violence Policy Center to ask if they transfer firearms.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Greg

Post by Greg »

Weetabix wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:14 pm
Jered wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:48 am My parents are here visiting and my mom left the toilet lit open. I found a cat trying to play in the toilet water.
My mother in law does that. Every. Time. No matter how often we tell her we don't want the cats splashing water on the floor. Now, we have toddler grand kids over often who can also enjoy playing in it. Sigh.
https://www.onhealth.com/content/1/toil ... ers_danger

It's also unsanitary.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Jered

Post by Jered »

They're cats they literally lick their buttholes. I'm not too worried about the unsanitary bit.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Jered wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:00 am They're cats they literally lick their buttholes. I'm not too worried about the unsanitary bit.
I know. And they jump on my lap and proudly aim their buttholes at me so I can admire them.

But I like to control the spread of butthole germs where I can.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D