POLITICO: Joe Biden Picks Kamala Harris as Running Mate... On Aug 1st.????

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
Termite

POLITICO: Joe Biden Picks Kamala Harris as Running Mate... On Aug 1st.????

Post by Termite »

There’s probably a former intern at Politico looking for a new job right now as, at some point on Tuesday, Politico’s tracker page for Joe Biden’s running mate selection announced that Joe Biden chose Kamala Harris as his running mate… on August 1, 2020, four days from now........
Go read the rest: LINKY

I just KNEW the the fed.gov had a TARDIS at Area 51. The DNC must have got their hands on it.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
scipioafricanus

Re: POLITICO: Joe Biden Picks Kamala Harris as Running Mate... On Aug 1st.????

Post by scipioafricanus »

Guess Joe isn't racist anymore?
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
Termite

Post by Termite »

scipioafricanus wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:44 am Guess Joe isn't racist anymore?
Kamala's mother was a Tamil Indian. Her father is from Jamaica, and his ancestral family were "free people of color" who owned a sugar plantation & black slaves.

She has a record as a prosecutor of targeting minorities for non-violent drug offences. It is well known that she "serviced" some fairly powerful California politicians to advance her career.
A lot of blacks consider her: "She ain't Black".

I don't really see how she will help Joe much in the voting booth.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Termite wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:47 amI don't really see how she will help Joe much in the voting booth.
White liberals will like it.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
D5CAV

Post by D5CAV »

Kamala is well known in San Francisco to have gotten her political positions as a result of assuming many positions for Mayor Willie Brown.

https://madworldnews.com/kamala-harris- ... -sessions/

It may be refreshing to have a democrat in the White House who is an expert at giving sexual favors rather than receiving.
Kamala taking a knee.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Greg

Post by Greg »

She's an awful person with an awful record. In a world with reasonably educated voters she'd be poison.

In 2020? Who knows.

She checks (though not ideally well, because unfortunate facts others have pointed out) lots of diversity boxes. The only people I've even seen demonstrate *enthusiasm* for her are some ambitious and full-of-themselves folks I know who work in Big Tech in the Bay area, apparently the Big Tech crowd thinks she's their guy or something.

So diversity candidate who is reassuring to Big Tech to keep them on the plantation? Plus whoever is pulling Biden's strings probably figure they can control her too, it's not like she lacks for skeletons in the closet.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
randy

Post by randy »

Well, if he wants a female VP, she's the one least likely to complain about it when he gets his creepy hand mojo going. To her it would be just business as usual.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Greg

Post by Greg »

randy wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:42 pm Well, if he wants a female VP, she's the one least likely to complain about it when he gets his creepy hand mojo going. To her it would be just business as usual.
It's well past that point.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Let's face it, if the possible choices, she is not the worst.
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

Vonz90 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:29 am Let's face it, if the possible choices, she is not the worst.
For my money the most worrisome possibility from a political standpoint is Michelle Obama.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!