Late BAG Day purchases?

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Captain Wheelgun

Late BAG Day purchases?

Post by Captain Wheelgun »

Well, Tax Day was yesterday, pushed back from the regular date due to the Chicom Plague. Since that is also traditionally Buy a Gun day, did anybody pick up anything interesting?

I bought a Ruger American Ranch in 7.62x39 this past Sunday. I’m calling that my BAG Day gun this year. I’ll see about getting some pics in the rifle pic thread soon.
"What is this, the Congress Avenue Independence Day Parade?" - Capt. Karl von Stahlberg, RTN
Republic of Texas Navy Archives
g-man

Re: Late BAG Day purchases?

Post by g-man »

There's purportedly an issue M9 around this place with my name on the roster beside its serial number... but I've never seen the thing. Hoping I can convince SWMBO to let me pick up a Springfield Hellcat when I get home, whenever the Army sees fit to send my replacement over here. Does that count?
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
Dinochrome One

Post by Dinochrome One »

I was at an auction expecting to be a spectator, but picked up a Remington Spartan .410(made in Russia), a S&W .22LR semi-auto pistol, a Savage Arms pump 12-gauge, and an Italian-made Colt 1860 replica in full nickle-plate. Shiny!
Maxim 34: If you're only leaving scorch-marks, you need a bigger gun.
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Nah, but I did buy some high caps for my P99c. As long as it functions well I am going to make it my bedside piece and give my 45 to oldest son for his BD next month. (And thus give me an excuse to buy a better 45 later.)
Jered

Post by Jered »

I think I'm going to pick up a Howa barreled action in 6.5 Creedmoor
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Gunnuts

Post by Gunnuts »

Stock actually ordered in March, but the plan came together around BAG day.
10-22-folded.jpg
10-22-open.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Been buying lots of reloading gear, not so much new guns this year.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Rich Jordan

Post by Rich Jordan »

reloading components, consistently. Midway factory second bullets keeps coming through, especially when they have free shipping. Another 2K pills coming in soon.
Mike OTDP

Post by Mike OTDP »

I'm trying to get a Springfield Saint Edge braced pistol using my instructor's discount...not working real well, Springfield is giving me a big runaround. I might try Daniel Defense.
Greg

Post by Greg »

I finally pulled the trigger on the P365.

With the flush fit mag, well I get only a 2 finger grip but it's miles better than the LCP2. With the finger extension mag I get a real grip and it feels *good*.

I bought a pocket holster but trials show in all the pants I normally wear it prints too much (holster breaks up the outline but looking like you have a paperback novel in your pocket is a no go) for pocket carry except in a cargo pocket, which is less than ideal. Might work if I had skinny legs. AIWB holster is on order.

I have yet to be able to BUY ANY AMMO. Lol. But from a little dry fire practice the trigger is astonishingly short and light, with my only complaint being that it's slightly, for lack of a better word, spongy.

Points well for me and I like the sights. Considering buying the XL grip and playing lego.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr