So I didn’t think I was really addicted to smoking

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
BDK

So I didn’t think I was really addicted to smoking

Post by BDK »

... but I did smoke 2-3 cigars a day/smoked a pipe with natural tobacco...

I had an “allergy” I couldn’t seem to kick, unless I took really powerful allergy meds, which impaired my mind.

So, I stopped smoking, and my breathing improved in days. So, I’m guessing I’m allergic to cigar smoke/pipe smoke now.

And I’m fidgety, sleepy, and occasionally bad tempered... The good news, is I’ve been venting the bad temper at an ex girlfriend, and finally getting her completely out of my life,

So... what am I supposed to do to unwind, as a book and a pipe is no longer a good idea?
Jered

Re: So I didn’t think I was really addicted to smoking

Post by Jered »

I don't know and I can't imagine giving up coffee.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
randy

Post by randy »

A book and a good beer/scotch/wine?
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
randy

Post by randy »

And, I have no knowledge on the subject, but would e-cigarettes help with relaxation without the allergic reactions to supposedly water vapor exhaust?
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
AlaskaTRX

Post by AlaskaTRX »

Building guns? 🤔
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Range time.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
BDK

Post by BDK »

I have a reloading press I never actually used. That might be a good idea. Range time is good, at 5:30AM or so, this time of year. Bit hot right now.
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

BDK wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:54 am ... but I did smoke 2-3 cigars a day/smoked a pipe with natural tobacco...

I had an “allergy” I couldn’t seem to kick, unless I took really powerful allergy meds, which impaired my mind.

So, I stopped smoking, and my breathing improved in days. So, I’m guessing I’m allergic to cigar smoke/pipe smoke now.

And I’m fidgety, sleepy, and occasionally bad tempered... The good news, is I’ve been venting the bad temper at an ex girlfriend, and finally getting her completely out of my life,

So... what am I supposed to do to unwind, as a book and a pipe is no longer a good idea?
You might want to get a cancer screening, early stage of some can mimic cold/allergy symptoms.
BDK

Post by BDK »

The docs did a bunch of chest x rays and heart stuff. My O2 levels are at 89%, which they didn’t like but didn’t see a cause other than allergies. I’ll probably have to book another physical at the Mayo.
Precision

Post by Precision »

Pet Scan if you think there might be cancer, or whole body MRI.

As for the how to relax thing. Meditation works for me. Back yard range time helps. Precision reloading is a form of meditation for me. There is always a good book without the pipe.

Chasing women has always worked for me. Although, catching them is sometimes a lot less worthwhile.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/