GA Shooting

The place to talk about personal defense, preparedness, and survival; both armed and unarmed.
HTRN

Re: GA Shooting

Post by HTRN »

Langenator wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 12:00 amWho are the "they" who were 'looking at him hard'? Was it actually the police?
Well i dont think the mail man investigates burglaries. :roll:

Once again, did i think he got caught in the act? YES. Do i think these two knucklehrads should go to jail? YES.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

There are some text messages from active police officers to these two saying if there is something shady going on, for them to do something. Seems the locals are rather corrupt/lazy.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
Jered

Post by Jered »

I'm with HTRN on this.

There's video that's come out that's apparently of the dead dude trying to shoplift. He wasn't exactly upstanding.

These two goobers were criminally foolish, too.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

scipioafricanus wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 10:12 am There are some text messages from active police officers to these two saying if there is something shady going on, for them to do something. Seems the locals are rather corrupt/lazy.
If that's true, I suspect it will torpedo the murder charges.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Fill

Post by Fill »

Netpackrat wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 4:13 am The narrative seems to be that the two white dudes picked random black dude jogging through the neighborhood because racism. But if they recognized that specific dude from the security tape, while it doesn't mean they aren't still racists, it does cast the element of racism as cause for the confrontation in doubt. None of those details mean that they won't (or shouldn't) go to prison, but as I said before, they do make it perhaps not the open and shut murder case that is being assumed.
I haven't heard that narrative at all. It's more like they were racist for assuming that because it was a black guy walking around in the home under construction it had to be the same guy who stole a 9mm out of Jr's car.

"If that was a 26 yo white guy in khaki shorts looking around the site, would they have chased him down and shot him in the street?"
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

Netpackrat wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 10:17 am
scipioafricanus wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 10:12 am There are some text messages from active police officers to these two saying if there is something shady going on, for them to do something. Seems the locals are rather corrupt/lazy.
If that's true, I suspect it will torpedo the murder charges.
Story here from Tim Poole

https://youtu.be/T7SNSq8sVBA
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Fill wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 7:54 pm
Netpackrat wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 4:13 am The narrative seems to be that the two white dudes picked random black dude jogging through the neighborhood because racism. But if they recognized that specific dude from the security tape, while it doesn't mean they aren't still racists, it does cast the element of racism as cause for the confrontation in doubt. None of those details mean that they won't (or shouldn't) go to prison, but as I said before, they do make it perhaps not the open and shut murder case that is being assumed.
I haven't heard that narrative at all. It's more like they were racist for assuming that because it was a black guy walking around in the home under construction it had to be the same guy who stole a 9mm out of Jr's car.

"If that was a 26 yo white guy in khaki shorts looking around the site, would they have chased him down and shot him in the street?"
I have no idea if they are racist or not. I do not know if the shot dude was a burglar in his spare time or not either (I am confident he was not a choir boy.) One just cannot do what they did.

One interesting point, I seems our hero lost his badge (as many retired officers retain) and arresting rights because he seems to have refused to go to firearms and use of force training. I think perchance he could have used it.