Weetabix

Re: Does not follow...

Post by Weetabix »

^ Nice on all counts!
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Odahi

Post by Odahi »

HTRN wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 12:52 am Sooo.. "Wranglestar" just did a new video called 18k toolbox.. And once again, Cody goes out of his way to prove what shithead he is. His denigration of the Sony mirrorless (despite all evidence that Sony is currently leading trends in photo gear, not playing catch up like Nikon and Canon are) to his claim of using snapon as a teeage outboard mechanic (!).

Im done watching this jackass.
He started to go way downhill when he got his "YouTube University diploma." Yes, they really do that. Taught him all about clickbait and other such suckery. Now I see his thumbnails go by, and I just let them go. I'm going to unsubscribe, there are too many good channels out there, and I never watch his crap any more anyway.
Birds gotta swim, fish gotta fly, assholes gotta ass, until the day they die.

"Common sense" is an oxymoron.
Odahi

Post by Odahi »

Netpackrat wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 3:42 am Sorry to hear that Vonz.
+1. Cancer sucks balls.
Birds gotta swim, fish gotta fly, assholes gotta ass, until the day they die.

"Common sense" is an oxymoron.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Jered wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 12:35 am So, I've ordered a new stock and a new barrel for my 10/22

Also, my range lets me shoot guns that fire more than one bullet with each pull of the trigger. And also, we don't really have karens. I pay 15 bucks a year, too.
Yeah Birchwood's membership is more like $190 per year and they are now charging members a daily rate on top of that, applicable after you have renewed it the next time since they started doing so.

Went back to the public range at Maud Road this morning; was only a partial waste this time around. Did the chronographing I wanted to do, but it was really too windy to do anything else useful, and more people were showing up all the time so I packed up my gear and left once I had my data. Should have made more test rounds with different charges... I had adjusted the OAL of my latest sub load for my blk bolt gun to where it feeds better, but the reduction in volume was enough to raise the velocity higher than I want it. I think I nailed the charge on the SBR load though. Probably just not going to be much of a summer for shooting for me, but I have plenty of other things I need to be doing anyway.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Subzzzzz...... :D

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Starting to realize how much of a game changer this electric case feeder may turn out to be, in terms of making some marginally worthwhile operations more practical, like forming 300blk from 5.56. Even sticking with my existing case trimming setup (chop saw and motorized Forster trimmer), using the Dillon for decapping and resizing will be a big deal, and it wouldn't take long at all to cover the cost of Dillon's power trimmer setup. And/or a brass annealer.

And that's completely aside from the fact that I can now reload the ammo nearly as fast as I can shoot it.

Cobar

Post by Cobar »

Netpackrat wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 4:23 am And that's completely aside from the fact that I can now reload the ammo nearly as fast as I can shoot it.
That part sounds like it could get expensive. :lol:

Glad it is working out for you.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Cobar wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 8:57 am
Netpackrat wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 4:23 am And that's completely aside from the fact that I can now reload the ammo nearly as fast as I can shoot it.
That part sounds like it could get expensive. :lol:

Glad it is working out for you.
It's not perfect. The primer feed is still choking every once in a while. I think it is throwing an extra primer sometimes, which falls on the slide and keeps it from picking up another one on the next cycle. So I have to clear the primer out of the way and I get a blank spot in the shellplate as it goes around. Not a big deal so far since I was using brass that was already sized, and I just throw the one that didn't get a primer back in the hopper, but I need to get it sorted. Have not tried the large primer feed yet.

Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Local headline: "Man fatally shot multiple times in West Plains, suspect in custody"

I hope the man didn't use up all nine of his lives.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

I see a camdex in Nets future...

And i still regret not buying that 1050 20 years ago for 400 bucks..
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt