Shutting down LA gun stores

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Vonz90

Shutting down LA gun stores

Post by Vonz90 »

scipioafricanus

Re: Shutting down LA gun stores

Post by scipioafricanus »

K, so Trump can shut down polling places to. Got it.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

And in NC too. Why should a sheriff have this authority?

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/unp ... in-demand/
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Vonz90 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:49 pm And in NC too. Why should a sheriff have this authority?

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/unp ... in-demand/
Playing devil's advocate: He's the CLEO, and he has to find a way to comply with the law given the very highly increased demand.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
randy

Post by randy »

Yeah, it sounds more like he's trying to adapt to the current situation than taking advantage to do what he would want to do in normal times if he could get away with it (see LA article above).

My Sheriff has gone to By Appointment Only for CCW applications and renewals to cut down the foot traffic in their office, but no reports of any surges as of this time.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
randy

Post by randy »

The Ohio Legislature has passed a bill to extend expired CCW permits for 90 days if they expire during an emergency:

https://www.buckeyefirearms.org/bill-pa ... c-shutdown
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Our city and county issued stay at home orders. I'm fortunate to be in an Essential Business. The presiding county commissioner was asked directly whether gun stores were essential businesses. He didn't respond directly, but referred to the Missouri Revised Statutes, Chapter 44, where I found:
44.101. Firearms and ammunition, state of emergency, no restrictions permitted. — The state, any political subdivision, or any person shall not prohibit or restrict the lawful possession, transfer, sale, transportation, storage, display, or use of firearms or ammunition during an emergency.
Heh.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Termite

Post by Termite »

Our Louisiana governor, John Bell Edwards, a socially center right & economically center-left Democrat, has declared "Firearm and ammunition suppliers and retailers for purposes of safety and security" to be essential businesses.

IIRC, store owners are advised to limit customers to 10 persons at any one time in the store.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Got a CMP Garand I still haven't broken down and gone through since receiving it. Maybe when my C-19 sequestration catchup on gardening is complete...

/aside/
Been a wet winter early spring here in SoCal. Great for my fruit trees and water bill but it sure makes for a lot of weed whacking and pruning on an acre+. Most of the pruning seems to be from neighbors trees and bamboo overgrowth along the fence lines.

My old 9hp Craftsman chipper just isn't up to the task. Too slow for the several 5x8 trailers of prunings (even after cutting down to short pieces to compact) I've accumulated. Friend has a PTO 3 pt hitch mount on his little tractor that sits idle 10 months a year. Maybe if I got my old 9N running...
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story