Mansplaining, arg...

Everything cultural, pop or otherwise. Books, movies, music, comics, poetry, random cultural geekery.
Vonz90

Mansplaining, arg...

Post by Vonz90 »

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/mans ... ket-newtab

This may or may not be a real problem, but there is a correlary issue. That is to say women who have no idea about something but then say they "they don't need you to mansplain it to them" if one tries to elaborate. I have not had that happen in a professional environment but have seen it in social settings a number of times (involving me once and a couple others).

It is meme that means, "don't listen to men" and I think that is the ultimate goal, shut up- they explained. As the saying goes.
BDK

Re: Mansplaining, arg...

Post by BDK »

It’s not just between men and women. People, in general, cherish their ignorance.
BDK

Post by BDK »

I’ve, mostly, had women cause issues with being arrogant/acting/speaking above their level of competence, but that’s only been a couple times in over 20 years
Precision

Post by Precision »

All I know is when they claim mansplaining and I say "no, just reducing the ignorance in the bitch population" it doesn't go so well. lol
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Ok Boomer...
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Johnnyreb

Post by Johnnyreb »

I don't know about mansplaining, but I can attest that at least half the population cannot follow basic, simple, directions.

On the the tables, by the window. No, not the display case, over there, where I am pointing, by the windows. No, not the complete opposite direction. No, not the parcel lockers either. The window, do you know what a window is? Do you know what a table is? That is the only place in the entire lobby where there are tables. Two of them. Right there. Can you comprehend that I am pointing my finger directly at where they are? For the 4th time.

Don't even get me started on "look on the other side". No, not the side you are looking at right now. The other side. That thing only has two sides. You are looking at one of the sides right now. The one that is not the other side. And you drive a car?

I am really ready to take some time off. Got two weeks off in mid month. Plague and all. Can't even head to Texas to hang out with Mom for a week, but I don't care. Two weeks of not having to repeat myself 2-4 times each to half the people I deal with every day at work? Blessed time off. Last time off was in October. When I start getting crabby with the dumb ones, it is time for a break.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Johnnyreb wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:00 am I don't know about mansplaining, but I can attest that at least half the population cannot follow basic, simple, directions.
Jordon Peterson has mentioned a few times that 10% of the popuulation has an IQ of 83 or below.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Odahi

Post by Odahi »

"Think of how dumb the average person is. Then remember that half of them are dumber than THAT." -Unknown
"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity." -Heinlein
"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog." -Mark Twain

Also: See my sig lines. :D
Birds gotta swim, fish gotta fly, assholes gotta ass, until the day they die.

"Common sense" is an oxymoron.