Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Greg

Re: Does not follow...

Post by Greg »

Vonz90 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:16 pm The extreme left wants a war, ETC

https://www.foxnews.com/us/driver-in-fl ... rs-reports
Not quite it. They want us to die, but be disarmed first so we can't fight.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Greg

Post by Greg »

Vonz90 wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:04 pm https://www.fox5ny.com/news/700-pound-b ... rld-record

Big garbage bear
Giant trash panda. :lol:

There's certainly plenty for them to eat. I lived in Morris County. What isn't still farm tends to be wooded. The land in the area is generally quite good - much of it was a lake bed some thousands of years ago. There's a reason they called it the Garden State.

Mind you, this area has been *settled* (if much more sparsely than now) and developed since colonial times. And there were no bears then. There are a shit-ton of bears now. In my own former town (Montville) I once had to stop on the road while a black bear mama and cubs crossed.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Sooooo. Interesting things going on with comic books.

Theres hints of a DC/Marvel merger, and a possible "Secret Crisis" crossover between the two, with the man of Steel facing off against "a green behemoth, stronger even than Doomsday, who dies protecting Superman from these invaders"

It sounds like the Worldbreaker beats Doomsday to death. :shock: Strongest One There Is indeed.

Then theres the whole "Punisher Thanos" storyline. :o
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Sooooo. Interesting things going on with comic books.

Theres hints of a DC/Marvel merger, and a possible "Secret Crisis" crossover between the two, with the man of Steel facing off against "a green behemoth, stronger even than Doomsday, who dies protecting Superman from these invaders"

It sounds like the Worldbreaker beats Doomsday to death. :shock: Strongest One There Is indeed.

Then theres the whole "Punisher Thanos" storyline. :o
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Greg

Post by Greg »

They kind of have to merge. Comics are woke and broke.Which makes me a little sad but only because an old friend of mine owns a comic book store.

Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

I think it's in the Jack Ryan universe that I've seen mention of Navy coffee having a pinch of salt in it. OK - it's a flavor enhancer.

So I put a sprinkle in my cup this morning before I poured it. Too much. I'll try again later, but I'm not convinced.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Weetabix wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:15 pm I think it's in the Jack Ryan universe that I've seen mention of Navy coffee having a pinch of salt in it. OK - it's a flavor enhancer.

So I put a sprinkle in my cup this morning before I poured it. Too much. I'll try again later, but I'm not convinced.
It is a big world, but I never saw anyone in the Nav put salt in coffee.
randy

Post by randy »

Not a coffee drinker so it might have been under my radar, but spent 3 years at a joint command effectively run by the Navy and never knew Chiefs or the Bubblehead Nuke engineer I worked with keeping salt near the coffee pot. Or at any of the Naval bases where I attended conferences/training/exercises.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Googling "Navy coffee salt" turns up a lot of hits, so apparently, I didn't pull it straight out of the air. Not saying it's a real thing, though - just an idle experiment based on an old memory. ;-)

Tried it again with less. It still doesn't do anything for me.

Some of the sites that hit said it cuts the bitterness. Maybe that's the problem for me - I like the bitterness.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D