shotshow 2020 my take

The place for general talk about gun, shooting, loading, camping, survival, and preparedness related tools and gear, as well as gear technology discussion, gear reviews, and gear specific "range reports" (all other types of gear should be on the back porch).
Precision

shotshow 2020 my take

Post by Precision »

My take on the shotshow 2020.
There was very little there that was revolutionary and new. Many things were evolutionarily better and there were some cool gadgets.
NSSF or their ad agency fucked up my badge. As such I was banned from media day. Cost me about $1000 in that I couldn't do a project that had to be done there. Little 25 year old petty tyrant refused to fix the issue, claiming it couldn't be done. Then when someone else fixed it, she tore up my new badge in front of my face. Then proceeded to threaten to trespass me from the property. And I was on very good behavior up until then. Her answer to what do I do 20 miles into the desert with one 16 oz bottle of water, for the next 7 hours... sucks to be you. Turns out I only had to wait 2 hours for one of the shuttle busses to take me back. Upside... I got a 3 day all expenses paid trip to a shoot house, range safety manufacturer to do video and written articles on their proprietary bullet eating concrete. She treated them like dogshit on her shoe also. https://amidoninc.com/

med-evil has this, very cool https://www.mid-evil.com/

I got thrown out of a booth for the crime of offering to help them with Amazon issues. https://www.bubbarope.com/
The guy literally had foam spilling from his mouth as he attempted to climb over his table to physically attack me. A woman in his booth restrained him and at the last second I think the fact that I am at least 20 years younger caused a dim glimmer of "I am gonna get my ass kicked" kicked in. Such a tool. I was even offering to give him free publicity with my writing gig. So much stupid I am surprised he is not a demonrat candidate for President. I would slot him in between Beto and Booker.

There were some celebrities, most of whom were bored.

I ran into a lot of IG famous people. Colion Noir being the most respectable of them. He was in a deep conversation with a guy in a booth when I walked by. Kudo's to him as he was focused and intent on understanding the guys widget.

Stayed off the strip this year in an AirBnB. SOOOO much better than strip life.
Got lots of contacts for writing fodder and more than a few contacts for Amazon related projects. We will see how they all shake out.

Likely am working with Oleg on bringing Sabatti's marketing up to American standards. They have some pretty good rifles, just horrible ad spends for our market. They are here, but their website and advertising are awful. They are aware of that and looking for help. It looks like their American site is a google translate of the Italian one. Oh so English as a third language. I get cash and a precision rifle for my efforts. Tanfoglio wants in on the help too and they are offering cash and a longslide 10mm. Life is good.

According to many, attendance was down about 20% from 2019. Day one did not appear that way, but each day after did.

NRA had a large oppulent booth, but they played fairly low key. Maybe because they fired all their "Star power". There was quite a bit of vitriol towards them on the floor and in the media room. Wankers now known to be wankers?
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
HTRN

Re: shotshow 2020 my take

Post by HTRN »

Please, please tell me they offered you a double rifle.

You also might want to suggest them to look into fixing their supply issues - something like 90% of their double rifle offerings have been out of stock at wholesalhunterr for months.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
BDK

Post by BDK »

Tangfolio also needs some QC help - or they did, but they certainly have “teh sexy”

They also need more parts support in the US - admittedly, it’s been years, and I didn’t try that hard, but I’d love to get a fiber optic front and some g10 grips for mine. (38 Super)
Precision

Post by Precision »

HTRN wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:24 pm Please, please tell me they offered you a double rifle.

You also might want to suggest them to look into fixing their supply issues - something like 90% of their double rifle offerings have been out of stock at wholesalhunterr for months.
They are wanting me to help them fix the Saphire line of rifles. Other than being a cool kid, I don't have much use for a double rifle. I am not opposed, but my business model is not to be the Bernie free shit army. Rather to provide them a service that is useful, then they can award me with cool toys as a bonus for doing such a good job. They are allegedly providing a Saphire line rifle (or two) and a longslide 10mm tanfoglio of my choice and cash for my work. Not complaining. Just have to see how much they really want help, but I was talking with the CEO of the company...at his request.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
Precision

Post by Precision »

BDK wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:09 am Tangfolio also needs some QC help - or they did, but they certainly have “teh sexy”

They also need more parts support in the US - admittedly, it’s been years, and I didn’t try that hard, but I’d love to get a fiber optic front and some g10 grips for mine. (38 Super)
I will see what I can do. Which model do you have?

Their price list on the website is from 2015, so I think I can provide value just from common sense being applied liberally. Then move up from there. They were expecting EAA to help with those things and well Keith at EAA is not a value added guy to anyone other than himself. too much time spend dealing with corrupt russians, I think.
Precision

Post by Precision »

They have an "F-class" rifle that has a threaded barrel. Any idea other than someone thought cool kids want threaded barrels, as to WHY they would do that. It is a 1" diameter barrel with a flat bottom heavy as hell stock with a very well machined thread protector that looks like the rest of the barrel unless you look closely. I am just perplexed at the why? Am I missing something?
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

What about the Laugo Alien? Looks very interesting... but 5K interesting...

https://youtu.be/G5u9k9qq2-o
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Precision wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:22 pm They have an "F-class" rifle that has a threaded barrel. Any idea other than someone thought cool kids want threaded barrels, as to WHY they would do that. It is a 1" diameter barrel with a flat bottom heavy as hell stock with a very well machined thread protector that looks like the rest of the barrel unless you look closely. I am just perplexed at the why? Am I missing something?
No, you're not. I also hope it takes a remington pattern trigger, because ive yet to see a factory trigger good enough for any kind of br competion.

Edit, did you get sick,btw? It seems like a bunch of guntubers who went to shot, got a good dose of "con crud" - notably Brandon Herrara and Donot Operator.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

scipioafricanus wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:49 pm What about the Laugo Alien? Looks very interesting... but 5K interesting...

https://youtu.be/G5u9k9qq2-o
The best thing that could happen for this pistol would be for Laugo to sell it to somebody who can produce it in volume, like they did with the Scorpion Evo to CZ.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
BDK

Post by BDK »

That Luago looks like a great design.