The Virginia resistance

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
D5CAV

Re: The Virginia resistance

Post by D5CAV »

Netpackrat wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:55 pm VA dems are now talking about calling in the National Guard to enforce their new gun laws.
This could get interesting...

Vlad Popcorn.png
I can't wait...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
randy

Post by randy »

The question is, once mustered, which side they go with.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Precision

Post by Precision »

facial recognition software works for both sides. Just sayin
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
morsetaper

Post by morsetaper »

And, a bill has been introduced that, if passed, would terminate any public service employee that refuses to enforce state law.

https://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp60 ... PfwJj3ZRVU
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

morsetaper wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:37 am And, a bill has been introduced that, if passed, would terminate any public service employee that refuses to enforce state law.

https://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp60 ... PfwJj3ZRVU
Always forgets the important "Doesn't apply if it the law is unconstitutional or unlawful" clause.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
Langenator

Post by Langenator »

Wasn't there an episode, back in the school integration portion of the Civil Rights era, where the state governor either called out the guard, or threatened to, to stop desegregation of the schools? Whomever was POTUS (I think Ike) responded by federalizing said Guard.

Found it: Little Rock Nine. Eisenhower was POTUS. Federalized the Arkansas Guard, and sent in the 101st.

I do believe that VA is one of those states that does have a separate state militia, which also falls under the state AG, but has no Federal ties.
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

A dozen resolute people who knew their business could put an end to the whole thing in, oh, let's say 72 hours...and they wouldn't even need firearms or likely bloodshed of any kind.

Affiant saith not further.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Netpackrat wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:55 pm VA dems are now talking about calling in the National Guard to enforce their new gun laws.
Annnnddd the head of the Virginia national guard issues a nomstatement.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watc ... -it-may-be
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
g-man

Post by g-man »

The TAG works for the Governor. Until he works for the President. The choice of platform for the non-statement in and of itself likely says something.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

Here was Northam, in the same article in The Hill:
"If we have constitutional laws on the books and law enforcement officers are not enforcing those laws on the books, then there are going to be some consequences," Northam said Thursday, according to WSET.
Note the magic word "constitutional" there. I suspect Gov. Infanticide knows that the law won't pass muster, and thus the whole thing will be yet another nothingburger of political theater.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!