Not Walther PK380, Shield 380 EZ

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Vonz90

Not Walther PK380, Shield 380 EZ

Post by Vonz90 »

So the wife took a woman's pistol class a bit ago and liked it. She and I have been shooting a couple times since then. She has also been considering the follow up class but she needs her own piece for that.

The issue is that so far she does not like any of the pistols she has fired much. Hated revolvers, refused to even shoot my P99C, did not like my Rugers (P97DC and LC9), rented a couple of 9mm Glocks (19 and 17) and one other I forget, some kind of Smith 9 probably, but she did not like it so it does not matter.

The biggest issue is she wants something that fits her hand well and does not have a much felt recoil. The Glock 19 was best of what she tried, but she said it is too blocky.

So this weekend we went to a local shop and she printed about 15 or so 9mm and 380 pistols. The one that fit her best (per her) was a PK380 and as a medium sized 380 the kick should be nothing. The second best was actually an HK VP9, which I would be okay getting for her but I would like her to have wider trigger time first.

So, I think that will be my secret surprise Christmas present. I just have to figure out how to buy it without her seeing the bump in the account to give it away.
Last edited by Vonz90 on Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
HTRN

Re: Walther PK380

Post by HTRN »

Uh dont Walthers have some highly variable quality, depending on where the gun is made?
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Vonz90

Re: Not Walther PK380, Shield 380 EZ

Post by Vonz90 »

So, 4 hours at the gun store today. Two range sessions with rented pieces (PPQ and VP9) an then another with a Shield EZ and she went with the S&W.

She actually shot the Walther and HK fine, but felt uncomfortable with them. She shot a bit better with the Smith but felt much more confident with it. So that is what she bought.

27 years ago she would not even touch a firearm, so I am quite happy.
Greg

Post by Greg »

Oh well done.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Cobar

Post by Cobar »

Greg wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:15 pmOh well done.
+1
Precision

Post by Precision »

another convert and within the household. Congrats on your persistence.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/