Active shooter NAS P-cola

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
MiddleAgedKen

Re: Active shooter NAS P-cola

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

Langenator wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:36 pm Host country would be like Germany, Poland, Japan, Korea, etc. Last I checked, our troops weren't even allowed to take guns to those countries, anyway.

Back to the original topic, apparently SIX Saudis have been detained, included three who FILMED THE SHOOTING while it happened.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ooter.html

Turn them over to the Saudi security services, I say.
Respectfully disagree. They'll get dead in creative ways all right, but the trail will end right there. I say ship 'em to Gitmo, wring 'em dry, and top it off with half a helicopter ride.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Vonz90 wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:28 am Whatever, anyone who cannot be trusted to carry a firearm has no business being in the military.
There is a significant minority of the officer corps that doesnt trust the grunts with a dull spoon, let alone a handgun.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

HTRN wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:43 pm
Vonz90 wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:28 am Whatever, anyone who cannot be trusted to carry a firearm has no business being in the military.
There is a significant minority of the officer corps that doesnt trust the grunts with a dull spoon, let alone a handgun.
Yes, I have encountered them. They don't need to be in the service either.
D5CAV

Post by D5CAV »

Vonz90 wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:28 amanyone who cannot be trusted to carry a firearm has no business being in the military.
+1
The guy was being trained to use one of the $100 million weapon systems that only about 0.0001% of the population will ever get to use. A weapon vastly more powerful and deadly than a 9mm pistol.

We need to give thanks to 2LT Mohammed. He has given an object lesson in the absurdity of gun control laws, no matter how "reasonable".

If someone has passed the screening and background checks to become:
1. An officer in a 1st world military
2. A pilot
3. A fighter pilot
4. Selected for special "top gun" training with US military
5. Granted access to a secure "gun free zone", policed by higher trained and more competent personnel than Broward county schools (anyone tried to get onto a U.S. military base recently?)

...Yet can still "postal", there are no ways to prevent violence short of everyone being locked in a padded cell.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
g-man

Post by g-man »

At what point do we own Saudi Arabia? This is not the first group of those assholes who have pulled this kind of shit...

...asking for a friend.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

So a little bit of an after action report, a couple of my son's friends were wounded but not life threatening. He did not know the ENS on the quarter deck who was killed well, but he knew him a bit and is still quite bummed about it. (Of note, he died valiantly.)

A lot if shit. Why the F**** would not even the watch be armed. The stupid is thick.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

You are preaching to the choir, man. Glad your boy is OK.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
g-man

Post by g-man »

Netpackrat wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:10 am You are preaching to the choir, man. Glad your boy is OK.
+1 to this.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
randy

Post by randy »

Vonz90 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:46 am He did not know the ENS on the quarter deck who was killed well, but he knew him a bit and is still quite bummed about it. (Of note, he died valiantly.)
U.S. Naval Academy graduate died relaying crucial information to first responders

Took 5 round and kept going until he completed his mission.

Damn, need to check the air filters again.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
randy

Post by randy »

It's time to hi-jack the favorite GFW slogan of "if it saves just one life". If a policy of arming military personnel on base saves just one life...
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".