Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
MarkD

Re: Does not follow...

Post by MarkD »

HTRN wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:01 am
Netpackrat wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:01 am Dad was the youngest of 5, and born during the war (actually both of my parents were born before VE day).
Mine was before the great depression. :shock:
Both my parents were born in 1919, paternal (adopted) grandfather was a chaplain during the Spanish American War and WW I, his wife was born in what would become North Dakota before it was a state.

Dad was in the Marines in World War 2. I'm a late boomer (born 1963).
Greg

Post by Greg »

Funny how the generations look funny depending on how early or late people have kids. Both of my grandfathers were world war veterans.

Paternal grandfather fought in WW1, maternal grandfather fought in WW2.

Paternal grandfather was 6 years old when my maternal GREAT-grandmother was born.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

My wife is the last year of the Boomers, and I'm the first year of GenX.

Her laugh was a little strained when I remarked that she's a generation older than me.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
randy

Post by randy »

Weetabix wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:10 pm My wife is the last year of the Boomers, and I'm the first year of GenX.

Her laugh was a little strained when I remarked that she's a generation older than me.
I'm gonna miss him.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

I took a newbie to the range yesterday. I provided range fees, ammo, eyes, ears, targets, and firearms.

Before we went, I showed him a selection of handguns to choose from. It was a lunch time trip. so limited. He chose a 1911 and a S&W 686. He did pretty well. My favorite part was hearing the "Whoooaaa!" the first time he shot the 686.

I'm going to try to get him back next week for long guns. I'm thinking an AR, a .22, and a lever gun.

I haven't done this in a while. It was fun.

Probably a good thing my boss didn't walk in and see 6 handguns spread out on my desk. Must remember to take the XD9 home that I forgot in my desk drawer.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

So apparently the DOD thinks it knows my son's ethnicity better than he does. He lists himself as white/black mixed and country of origin as Germany. They Keep changing it to black and country of origin as Africa (WTF - Africa is not a country)

He says he has corrected it like five times and they keep changing it back and is about to give up. So when did the DOD formally adopt the KKK'd one drop rule?
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

When you are whistling "Carol of the Bells" but the words in your head are "Ding Fries are Done."
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
g-man

Post by g-man »

Netpackrat wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 6:54 am When you are whistling "Carol of the Bells" but the words in your head are "Ding Fries are Done."
Thank you, Sir, for that earworm... it’s now going to be stuck in my head. All. Day.

Merry Christmas to all!
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Annnd I had to break A car window to get it open after locking the keys inside...

At this point, I'm just waiting for the lightning strike. :(
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt