Accurate Powder Recall

The place to discuss ammunition, reloading, ballistics, loads, and chamberings.
Netpackrat

Accurate Powder Recall

Post by Netpackrat »

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/201 ... -and-4350/

I mentioned this in the 300 Blackout reloading thread earlier today, but thought it deserved a more prominent mention in its own thread. If you have any Accurate powders, it's important to check and see if you have any of the affected lots, because apparently the issue is that the powder can deteriorate in storage and possibly combust. If you have any, you're supposed to fill the container with water to render it inert, and call the manufacturer for further instructions.

I ended up having a couple pounds of affected 2495 that I bought a while back, but can't remember what for.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Netpackrat

Re: Accurate Powder Recall

Post by Netpackrat »

Update: I called the powder company and after I send them a picture of the containers showing the lot numbers and a sticky note with a number they assigned me, they are going to send me a check for more than I paid for the powder.

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Going to burn it?
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

I filled the containers with water. Couple days ago I could have set them outside to turn them solid, but it's warmed back into the 30s and raining now.

Rich Jordan

Post by Rich Jordan »

I checked, none of the recalled powders. I do have other Accurate powders (like 1680) but not those.
Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

Same here, lots of theirs, but none on the list---but TYVVM, NPR, for the "heads up"!!
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Check from Western Powders arrived today. 8-)