Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
MarkD

Re: Does not follow...

Post by MarkD »

HTRN wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:44 am
MarkD wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:17 pmWelcome to Pennsylvania.
[Tim the Enchanter]I warned you![/Tim the Enchanter] :mrgreen:

I remember visiting central wayne county mid april one year. There were people icefishing on the resevoir and the temp was barely 20f. It was over 50f when we left NY. That same year, a former coworker, who lives in Milanville, told me he didnt see his lawn till memorial day.

Theres a reason why every other car up there is some flavor of awd Suburu.

This is why i keep suggesting a chest freezer and a generator.
Got an upright freezer, three fridges (one of which we will probably sell, didn't expect the last owners to leave the extra fridge).

IDGAF, snow asshole deep on a giraffe, temps.that make polar bears say "fuck it's cold", got food, got propane, got beer/scotch/bourbon, got a seriously well insulated house.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Expect it to be bad this winter - very cold with alot of snow.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Jered

Post by Jered »

HTRN wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:59 am Expect it to be bad this winter - very cold with alot of snow.
It's not even winter yet and we've had a bit of snow.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

randy wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:44 pm Good luck with deer season. I swear the pheasants around the Iowa farm I grew up on had calendar watches. Up to the day before pheasant season they'd strut down the road and up into our yard (ignoring our dog) seemingly without a care in the world. From the first to the last day of the season not one to be found without beating the brush. The day after, there they were again.
Yeah, the deer know too.

I saw one about 0800, but it did not step clear of the brush so I decided to wait for a better shot, but it wandered the other way.

Another on just came through about ten minutes ago, but I was sitting in my kitchen eating lunch. Whatever, hopefully one will come back through after lunch. (Shrug)
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

3rd one was a charm. Dropped a decent sized 4 pointer a bit after lunch.

Kind of funny; the wife was in the kitchen and saw it poking its head out of the brush at the far end of the field. She told me she was saying out loud, "I wonder if (redacted) sees.. BANG... well I guess did"
Last edited by Vonz90 on Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

I took Tuesday off to do some hunting and bagged a doe. Unremarkable, but the weird part is the processor I have been going to was "full" and not taking any more deer. I called a couple others and they were too. I have never encountered that before.

I did not feel like driving an hour plus and I travel today, so putting it on ice was not an option. Butchered it myself, grumble. Not my favorite thing to do for certain.
g-man

Post by g-man »

Vonz90 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:18 pm Butchered it myself, grumble. Not my favorite thing to do for certain.
Wife has a friend who is retired Army, now a ranch manager not too far from here at Hood. Needed to cull a number of bison out of one of the 'extra' herds on the property. So he calls her and asks "Hubby want to shoot a bison?"... Um YEAH! Got back after the 4-day and joked that I had spent most of the weekend half drunk and covered in blood.

Between the one I shot and the three others, we downed, cleaned, and processed 4x bison in <48 hours the weekend before last. Last Saturday I spent the day boiling the head of mine so we can do a European mount of the skull:
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

g-man wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:22 pm I had spent most of the weekend half drunk and covered in blood.
So you like visiting dive bars too? :mrgreen:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Nice job on the killin', fellas! We very much need a like button here.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D