Gunnuts

Re: Does not follow...

Post by Gunnuts »

D.

More is better.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Odd encounter at work today... Contractor working on the building asked if I was wearing a duty belt. "No, it's just a heavy leather double stitched belt." Dude proceeds to show off his Wilderness style belt he was wearing. Truth be told, my belt was part of a holster set I commissioned Evyl Robot to make a few years ago, and I liked the belt so much that I wear it all the time (looks like just a plain black leather belt). First time anybody's ever recognized it for what it actually is, that I know of.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
randy

Post by randy »

Evyl Robot made a me a 1 1/4" "dress" belt that I wore with my work uniform when I was still with the local .gov. Useful for after work as I could change shirt and throw on an IWB holster if I wanted.

During work hours it also was useful when carrying a (relatively) heavy radio around (Motorola XTS-5000 or APX-6000). Being the Commo guy for the office I often had multiple radios on my belt.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Somebody’s bucket list just got a little bit shorter:

https://www.fox5ny.com/news/michigan-ma ... e-intruder

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Ive come to the conclusion that Wendys chicken sandwich is the best based on 4 things - its less thqn a mile from my house, it has a drive thru, its open till 2 am, and its open 7 days a week.

Both Popeyes and hate chicken fail on almost all of these points.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

On the plus side, I have been seeing a number is a deer wandering past my blind in the last few days. The season starts Saturday, I hope they aren't just teasing me.
randy

Post by randy »

Good luck with deer season. I swear the pheasants around the Iowa farm I grew up on had calendar watches. Up to the day before pheasant season they'd strut down the road and up into our yard (ignoring our dog) seemingly without a care in the world. From the first to the last day of the season not one to be found without beating the brush. The day after, there they were again.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

Yesterday we had our second coating of snow. Last night it went down to 12 degrees with a real-feel of -2. In mid-November.

Welcome to Pennsylvania.

You know what? We wouldn't have HAD to go out in it, except that we were too lazy to go grocery shopping over the weekend so we went last night. Even so it wasn't THAT bad (probably in the low 20s when we went out). And once the shed arrives and I can get some of the shit out of the garage, we can actually put the cars in the garage when it's gonna snow.

I can also report that the house, built in 2006, was apparently designed with PA winters in mind, because it was toasty warm last night even without boosting the thermostats up. At 12 degrees and -2 wind chill in our NJ house I'd have left the thermostat at 68 overnight, hoping for 62 when I got up. Here I left it at 64 and that's where it stayed all night.

We already have our snow-plowing contract, and our propane contract. I have to look into getting a generator.

My Dad always said anyone who put heat in a garage was an idiot. Well I have heat in my garage. I also have plumbing in the garage ceiling, which WILL freeze if I don't keep the garage at a reasonable temp, therefore heater is in the garage. I probably don't really need it just yet, but I turned it on just to make sure it's working before it gets REALLY cold. My neighbor told me in February and March we'll usually get a string of 20-belowish days.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

I tend to think that anyone who wouldn’t want heat in their garage is an idiot.

HTRN

Post by HTRN »

MarkD wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:17 pmWelcome to Pennsylvania.
[Tim the Enchanter]I warned you![/Tim the Enchanter] :mrgreen:

I remember visiting central wayne county mid april one year. There were people icefishing on the resevoir and the temp was barely 20f. It was over 50f when we left NY. That same year, a former coworker, who lives in Milanville, told me he didnt see his lawn till memorial day.

Theres a reason why every other car up there is some flavor of awd Suburu.

This is why i keep suggesting a chest freezer and a generator.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt