Pac-Nor fire

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
HTRN

Pac-Nor fire

Post by HTRN »

Pac-Nor had a major fire a couple of days ago - total loss. Word is they're unlikely to rebuild. Its a shame as theyre one of the few barrelmakers doing unusual sizes - they were for example, the lást known commercial maker of 20mm barrels. They were also on of a only a few makers pf .550 barrels. Them shuttinh down is a real loss.

https://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/20 ... in-oregon/
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Netpackrat

Re: Pac-Nor fire

Post by Netpackrat »

HTRN wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:51 pm Pac-Nor had a major fire a couple of days ago - total loss. Word is they're unlikely to rebuild. Its a shame as theyre one of the few barrelmakers doing unusual sizes - they were for example, the lást known commercial maker of 20mm barrels. They were also on of a only a few makers pf .550 barrels. Them shuttinh down is a real loss.

https://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/20 ... in-oregon/
Update from HTRN's link:
UPDATE 10/26/19: Our Forum members contacted Pac-Nor and learned that the Dichters plan to rebuild the facility: “I got an e-mail from Kathy Dichter and she said six months to a year to rebuild, hopefully. She also said you could follow their progress on Facebook. That’s great news for the shooting community.”
Be great if they would build it in a more 2A friendly state than Oregon.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Thats great news! There are precious few barrelmakers as it is, and i cant think of any that offer the same range of bore sizes.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Precision

Post by Precision »

When you have an opportunity to clean slate it. CLEAN SLATE it. Move to say Alabama, Texas, Tennessee and enjoy some of that 2A freedom.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

I doubt theyll move - for one thing, most of the employees probably wont want to, and barrelmaking isnt exactly an easily found skillset.

Rich Jordan

Post by Rich Jordan »

20mm barrels.... Homebuilt Solothurn...
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

They also do 4 bore barrels.

Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Keep in mind they may not return to the market with the same variety of products.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Yeah, depending on what was lost, they may decide to not spend the money on making buying buttons/gundrills for theyre more exotic bore sizes.

Frankingun

Post by Frankingun »

I imagine they’ll have to rebuild in OR for insurance purposes.
Buy ammunition and magazines.

You'll shoot your eye out!

Another blog.