Open Carry in WalMart leads to lifetime ban

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
skb12172

Open Carry in WalMart leads to lifetime ban

Post by skb12172 »

There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
D5CAV

Re: Open Carry in WalMart leads to lifetime ban

Post by D5CAV »

This would get shut down real fast if every 2A supporter prints out a copy of the letter, signs their name to it, and sends it back to WalMart.

Even if it's only NRA members, 5 million people signing-on to a "lifetime ban" on entering any WalMart would have the BOD starting a search for a new CEO.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Precision

Post by Precision »

D5CAV wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:11 pm This would get shut down real fast if every 2A supporter prints out a copy of the letter, signs their name to it, and sends it back to WalMart.

Even if it's only NRA members, 5 million people signing-on to a "lifetime ban" on entering any WalMart would have the BOD starting a search for a new CEO.
I'm in.
It would make my life a lit easier. GF prattles on about the convenience... I only ever go there under protest and with the two gun rule in effect.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Termite

Post by Termite »

The first rule of open carry is: "Don't be a dick".

If a business doesn't want you to open carry on their premises, don't. To do otherwise is to be a dick.

As of now, Walmart has not posted signs banning CCW. I'm guessing because "concealed means concealed", the Suzy Soccer-moms won't be aware of it.

But continued open carry in violation of their request may lead to them saying "Screw it, all carry is banned."

I personally think Wally World has made a serious mistake by ceasing guns sales.......but I hear the BoDs of Academy giggling with glee...... ;)
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Walmart doesn't have many stores or customers nationwide. I'm sure that all Walmart associates will have this guy's face memorized and be on the lookout for him in every store.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

I support open carry.

I also teach "use your ever loving mind -- don't scare the horses."
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Termite wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:22 pm The first rule of open carry is: "Don't be a dick".

If a business doesn't want you to open carry on their premises, don't. To do otherwise is to be a dick.

As of now, Walmart has not posted signs banning CCW. I'm guessing because "concealed means concealed", the Suzy Soccer-moms won't be aware of it.

But continued open carry in violation of their request may lead to them saying "Screw it, all carry is banned."

I personally think Wally World has made a serious mistake by ceasing guns sales.......but I hear the BoDs of Academy giggling with glee...... ;)
Yes, this.

Furthermore, it is their property, they set the rules. If you do not like it, do not go there.
Precision

Post by Precision »

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Termite

Post by Termite »

Vonz90 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:37 pmFurthermore, it is their property, they set the rules. If you do not like it, do not go there.
NOTE: I will follow that guideline.....up to a point.

If they ban CCW, I will probably just ignore their wishes.

I do just that when I go to the Cinema here in Cenla, although it is indeed rare for me to go to the movie theater. They have a "gun free" sign. I ignore it. After all, concealed means concealed......... 8-)
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."