Attn: Aaron; training referral sought

The place to talk about personal defense, preparedness, and survival; both armed and unarmed.
Netpackrat

Attn: Aaron; training referral sought

Post by Netpackrat »

I seem to recall that you lived on or near Whidbey Island....

Seeking a referral for a good firearms trainer for a 50 something single woman in the Oak Harbor area. She grew up in Alaska and has had some exposure to firearms, but needs to be started from the beginning in a non threatening environment. Ideally the trainer would have a variety of handguns for her to try.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Aaron

Re: Attn: Aaron; training referral sought

Post by Aaron »

I do live on Whidbey Island, yes. In answer to your request...I would recommend Dean at SnowOwl Arms, but on the stipulation my name is kept entirely out of it. He's a damn good instructor and a good guy, but is in bed/business with some snakes. They offer a very good intro and refresher basic firearms class as well as a more advanced concealed carry and defensive class, have her call and sign up for one or both, she'll get good training.
If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom,...Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you...; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.

-Samuel Adams

Irate Islander
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

https://www.facebook.com/snowowlarms/

That has the address on business phone on it. Brian is also a good instructor, not sure if he teaches with SnowOwl anymore.

Mostly posted the followup to add, under NO circumstances should she take any training from Pacific Indoor Tactical. Absoulte, incompetent, dangerous, amateurs.
If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom,...Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you...; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.

-Samuel Adams

Irate Islander
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Thanks!
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop