The Bedwetting Gungrabbers Are Out In Force

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Precision

Re: The Bedwetting Gungrabbers Are Out In Force

Post by Precision »

skb12172 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:15 am
That is very interesting. All I've heard on social media is that he was a white supremacist.
Day one front page:
white supremacist
devotee of Trump
Avid NRA member
Radical Republican
Right Wing Zealot

Day 5, buried on page 39
Antifa Activist
recent "vacation" in Syria
Bernie campaign volunteer
convicted felon
5289 anti-semetic tweets
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... ar-AAFqNjB

Some kind of red flag law is probably coming
Greg

Post by Greg »

Old Grafton wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:55 am "I was called a racist. I'm still trying to figure that one out." Easy. You were logical and concise, which translates to "racist", no matter what shade of skin you're enveloped in. "Racist" is the "go-to" response to any critical thinking......
Cause you're thinking white.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Greg

Post by Greg »

Vonz90 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:28 am On the slightly positive side, while the wife as long ago resigned herself to me having a concealed carry permit, and even started to consider getting one too; but she just didn't get why I carry everywhere I can legally all the time. Comments like, "We are just running to get a few things from the grocery store, what do you expect to happen?"

Well, I pointed out that applied to everyone in that Wal-Mart yesterday. Not saying that carrying would fix It, but if it goes down having an option besides run and hide is a plus. It seemed to click finally.
If I'm wearing pants I very likely have a gun. Unless I'm going somewhere that actually has metal detectors....
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

I guess if you take the boy out of Jersey, you apparently CAN take the Jersey out of the boy.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Netpackrat wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:48 am I guess if you take the boy out of Jersey, you apparently CAN take the Jersey out of the boy.
Lots of Jersey boys carry everywhere they go. They are in the mob.
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Vonz90 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:43 pm https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... ar-AAFqNjB

Some kind of red flag law is probably coming
We need to remind them just exactly who voted them into office. That works both ways, you know. They can be voted out, too.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
randy

Post by randy »

As I stated in comments on another site:

The biggest stupidity with the "Red Flag" laws (assuming they actually follow a rational due process route, big assumption) is that they lock up the guns, not the person who is supposedly such a threat.

Yeah, sure, let's piss off that "dangerous" person by taking away his property and leave him out and with access to motor vehicles, gasoline, fertilizer, chlorine and ammonia, and, oh yeah, the ability to hook with the friendly neighborhood gang bangers to get an off books gun.

As Jeremy Clarkson says: "What could go wrong?"
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

For all of you who can carry concealed, I always think of a story from Colonel Cooper when he wrote in Guns ‘n’ Ammo. The key exchange was “Why do you have a pistol? Are you expecting trouble?”
“Nope; if I were expecting trouble, I’d have my rifle.”

And Randy has another classic post here. There are few dangerous objects, only dangerous people.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

randy wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:12 am As I stated in comments on another site:

The biggest stupidity with the "Red Flag" laws (assuming they actually follow a rational due process route, big assumption) is that they lock up the guns, not the person who is supposedly such a threat.

Yeah, sure, let's piss off that "dangerous" person by taking away his property and leave him out and with access to motor vehicles, gasoline, fertilizer, chlorine and ammonia, and, oh yeah, the ability to hook with the friendly neighborhood gang bangers to get an off books gun.

As Jeremy Clarkson says: "What could go wrong?"
I see your point, but if someone is a barking moonbat insane, getting their weapons is probably a decent first step. The problem I see is not the basic idea, it is that I doubt it will be well crafted or properly administered or followed up (because government). I am willing to see what they come up with but fully expect it to suck.