Picked up a P365.

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
SoupOrMan

Picked up a P365.

Post by SoupOrMan »

Dad was looking to replace his Glock 43, and dragged me along. He sucks with stock Glock sights and rarely practices like he should. I explained we could get new sights for it, but he was steadfast. New gun. We walked into Scheels and he tried out the 43X, but the sight problem was still there. I suggest the P365. He fell in love with it and handed it over to me to try it. I loved the trigger and sights. I also really needed to upgrade from the Beretta Tomcat as my primary city carry pistol.

Now we both have a P365 of our own. I went with the thumb safety model since I'm used to them on my 1911, and also since I generally carry in the front pocket of my shorts during summer. While it isn't much to some people, the reversible magazine release is a nice touch, too. The downside is that the grip texture is extremely rough. If I wear it the in DeSantis holster I picked up for it, I need a t-shirt between the pistol and me or it starts to slough off my precious external layers of skin.

It shoots like I expected at 5, 7, and 10 yards. Dad didn't do as well, but he refused to practice for a long time despite yearly qualification being a requirement for his retired LEO CCL. (I've had to start dragging him out to range sessions every weekend until he gets a time for a reshoot.) The standard tritium sights pick up well in low light. That's great for my range since there are a few shadowy spots at the 7 and 10 yard lines. Gold Dot 115gr JHP works well in it as does Fiocchi 115gr FMJ.

I can't wait to burn a few more bulk packs of 9mm through this. Then I'll have it broken in. Still it's a freakin' handy little pistol.

Pics incoming, because the thread is useless otherwise.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
scipioafricanus

Re: Picked up a P365.

Post by scipioafricanus »

Try some of this ammo in it: https://www.sgammo.com/product/hornady- ... ammo-90240

I tried it when I experimented with a bunch of self defense ammo, and this shoots great in a small gun.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Just don't drop it.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

Another reason to have the extra safety.

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

My new carry piece with a DeSantis Invader IWB holster. I adjusted the clips so now it rides better and chafes less.
P365.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Nice, the P365 was on my short list but I could not get to a final conclusion if they fixed the extractor spring issue.
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

I bought one and love it. It's my new EDC along with my .357 Sc. It replaced the Kimber Solo as my 9mm which had in turn replaced my Diamondback 9mm. It shoots everything but it runs well and groups tight with the Sig 9mm defensive ammo in my testing.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

Vonz90 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:22 am Nice, the P365 was on my short list but I could not get to a final conclusion if they fixed the extractor spring issue.
the authorized dealer says they did.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Greg

Post by Greg »

Let me know how pocket carry goes. I'd really like it as a slightly bigger pocket gun.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

Pocket carry isn't bad. My LL Bean blue jeans aren't quite as good at concealing it, though they work. Cargo shorts and tactical-type trousers have big enough pockets for it to not stick out. It's nice to have the option of switching to pocket carry when needed.