Pistol Braces after Dayton and El Paso

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Precision

Pistol Braces after Dayton and El Paso

Post by Precision »

There have been many reports that (IIRC) the Dayton shooter used an AR pistol with a pistol brace. Have heard rumors it was a PSA 11" upper on and Anderson lower with an "Sig" brace. I have no idea how valid that is. 72 hour / 72 day rule / lying to fit the narrative...

Just wondering how soon until we get an executive order or ground swell of demonrats demanding the retroactive banning of all pistol braces.

Assuming they do, can we sue based on ADA (American with Disabilities Act) to get them to STFU?
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
randy

Re: Pistol Braces after Dayton and El Paso

Post by randy »

Here's a photo of the weapon released by DPD:
dayton-shooting-rifle-magazine.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Jered

Post by Jered »

I can't imagine the ATF reversing itself again.
</s>
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Termite

Post by Termite »

That doesn't look like a "pistol brace" to me, it looks like an SBR with an adjustable stock. YMMV.....
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Langenator

Post by Langenator »

It's a Shockwave Blade pistol stabilizer.

https://www.primaryarms.com/shockwave-b ... izer-black
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
Precision

Post by Precision »

Langenator wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:26 am It's a Shockwave Blade pistol stabilizer.

https://www.primaryarms.com/shockwave-b ... izer-black
yup, the cheapest POS brace that has mainstream acceptance.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Jered wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:55 pm I can't imagine the ATF reversing itself again.
</s>
Thats not what Prince is reporting.

He's stated hes heard a rumor from reliable sources, that at the behest of the whitehouse, any pistol with a brace is going to be considered an illegal sbr. :|
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Good luck stuffing that shit back into the cat.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Jered

Post by Jered »

HTRN wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:01 am
He's stated hes heard a rumor from reliable sources, that at the behest of the whitehouse, any pistol with a brace is going to be considered an illegal sbr. <E>:|</E>
<e>
</e></QUOTE>

Yeah, the ATF said they were legal.

Then shouldering them as a "stock" constituted a "redesign" which made them SBRs.

Then legal again.

Then prosecuting some dude with a brace and a cane tip for having an illegal SBR.

Now, WTF?
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Supposedly Duane Liptak has said his sources are telling him Prince is wrong.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop