Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
HTRN

Re: Does not follow...

Post by HTRN »

Fuck GM with a pickaxe... AGAIN.

The #&#?! Heater hose connector a Gates 28500 I think, cracked off off going to work this morning. Which it promptly dumped all the coolant, necessitating pulling into the nearest available lot. Luckily there was supermarket there so I could dump distilled water into it. Not so luckily, my took set did not have what I needed to A) dig the remains out of the heater hose after spring clamp or B) anything appropriate to plug said hose. Tonight I solved the problem by grabbing a snapped 5/8" endmill out of my broken endmill collection at work, and let me tell you, it worked beautifully, not a drop leaked. Now I just gotta go get the damn thing. Tomorrow I'm going to areal auto parts store, hopefulltheyll have the push connector. The truck can sit here until I get it fixed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Greg

Post by Greg »

Vonz90 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:47 am A Brit shooting prairie dogs.

https://www.nationalreview.com/magazine ... irie-dogs/
Just the tiniest, gentlest hint of a clue, for a delicate audience.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Jered

Post by Jered »

I made instant coffee today.

It's not the same as fresh ground beans brewed in a moka pot.

YUCK!
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Vonz90 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:47 am A Brit shooting prairie dogs.

https://www.nationalreview.com/magazine ... irie-dogs/
Do you want to know what burning question I take from that?

"A .17 what?" :lol:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Langenator

Post by Langenator »

My last assignment in the Army was at TRADOC HQ (big 4 star HQ, for those not fluent in the Army dialect of milspeak). We had to do similar training and even actually did active shooter drills a couple of times (announced ahead of time, involving a guy with a cap gun).

The section I worked in was roughly half uniformed, half civilians, with most of the civilians being retired military. All of the uniformed folks except one MP were combat arms, all veterans of combat deployments.

Telling us to run and/or hide drew many chuckles. (And yes, potential improvised weapons abounded, from a souvenier 1st Cav Division branding iron to a couple of bayonets attached to service plaques to one guy's Hot Wheels collection; plus pretty much everyone had a knife.)
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Netpackrat wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:49 am From NBC, no less:

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/t ... cna1028626
It's astonishing they let that get published.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

Moved to PA in the beginning of May.

Found a local pub, good food, nice place to kick back and have a couple beers. Burned to the ground.

Found a good BBQ place. Excellent ribs, nice place. Owners are retiring and sold the place (will be turned into a German restaurant).

Another pub, also nice place for a beer and to play darts. Announced today they're closed permanently.

Am I typhoid Mary for bars in PA?
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

MarkD wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:03 pm Moved to PA in the beginning of May.

Found a good BBQ place. Excellent ribs, nice place. Owners are retiring and sold the place (will be turned into a German restaurant).
Not all bad, German food = good