FBI and Politics

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
D5CAV

FBI and Politics

Post by D5CAV »

FBI was a political tool from it's inception. Now everyone is "shocked" that partisan politics is part of the FBI.

Victor Davis Hanson states the obvious: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-06- ... -above-law

Attorney General Charles Bonaparte, great-grand nephew of Napoleon, founded the "Bureau of Investigation" within the DOJ, although some statesmen of character (of which there are very few now), foresaw the danger of a "secret police force":
Congressman J. Swagar Sherley, who opposed Bonaparte forming a “small permanent detective force” in the Department of Justice back in 1909, would have agreed. As Sherley said on Congressional Record, “In my reading of history I recall no instance where a government perished because of the absence of a secret-service force, but many there are that perished as a result of the spy system. If Anglo-Saxon civilization stands for anything, it is for a government where the humblest citizen is safeguarded against the secret activities of the executive of the government.”
I hear pundits from both sides of the aisle praise the "rank and file" of the FBI, but Russiagate pulled back the curtain for all to see the organization for what it is. However, short of revolution, we are stuck with it. The last President who tried to take on one of the "letter agencies" and "scatter it to the wind" ended up with a bullet in his head.

As the old adage goes, "you can vote your way into tyranny, but you need to shoot your way out."

But we never learn.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
randy

Re: FBI and Politics

Post by randy »

I think I've written here before I am mildly amused that many of the Boomer types and most of the media outlets (the ones that existed at the time, NYFT, WaPo, A/NBC, C/PBS) touting the integrity and non-partisanship of the FBI today were among the loudest denouncing Hoover's personal vendettas, COININTELPRO, surveillance of "civil rights" organizations etc.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
MiddleAgedKen

Re: FBI and Politics

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

Of course they're political police. They've never been anything else.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!