Verdict vs Oberlin college

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Vonz90

Verdict vs Oberlin college

Post by Vonz90 »

Old Grafton

Re: Verdict vs Oberlin college

Post by Old Grafton »

Oberlin is 3 miles from here; been a hotbed of leftist nonsense my whole (68+ yrs) life and earlier. (Remember the $300K Fed Grant for the "Artist-In_Residence" to paint the mural at the "Third World House" featuring such "luminaries" as Ho Chi Minh and Che Guevara? -1970's) The jury slapped 'em hard and not done yet. The Town Gov't is just as leftist. And you haven't seen anything like the Deviant Celebrations held there unless you hang out on Castro Street in SF....
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
Jered

Post by Jered »

Taking money from SJWs is always good.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Langenator

Post by Langenator »

It gets better - their insurance may well not cover it.
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Oh it is getting better. Tone deaf a bit?

https://legalinsurrection.com/2019/06/o ... kery-case/
Langenator

Post by Langenator »

John Ringo comments via Instapundit:
One point that none of the commentors seem to be making/noticing is the ‘town/gown’ dynamic.

Oberlin is the classic small liberal college in a less liberal (though still very) town that exists entirely to support the small liberal college.

Thus the jury was made up of ‘townies’ who resent the college, the students and the administration and the college resented that the unwashed townies were ALLOWED to have any input on the actions and deportment of their superiors.

Throw in the many notable examples of the current ‘elites’ being both lacking in competence and unlacking in hubris and you get everything from the protests against an innocent (townie/unwashed/ignorant) baker through the hubristic email. Not to mention a jury that’s about to throw the Oxford Unabridged Dictionary at them.

I’m not getting why others aren’t getting this. The dynamic is obvious to me
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Not to mention, “Fuck you people for putting our favorite bakery out of business.” Getting in between people and their donuts is rarely a good idea.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

It's not just the doughnuts. Employees of the bakery getting tires slashed, family members harassed; long-time help being laid off due to decreased business, family members working unpaid to keep it going; most county folk are wanting to see OC get its' collective elitist snobbish as* kicked. A festering irritation that has only gotten continuously worse.
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Jered

Post by Jered »

So, I had to compare the mission statement of my local college and Oberlin:
Oberlin aims to prepare graduates with the knowledge, skills, and perspectives essential to confront complex issues and to create change and value in the world.
MSU Northern provides higher education to students for professional and technical careers through an institution dedicated to teaching and the pursuit of knowledge.
Montana State University-Northern will be known for its supportive, student-centered environment in which a unique mix of academic programs are responsive to local, regional, and state workforce needs, offered in an atmosphere that promotes student success.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.