Death penalty for cop killers

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Vonz90

Death penalty for cop killers

Post by Vonz90 »

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/massac ... op-killers

I have no issue with a cop killer getting the chair, in fact I could see it being commonly applicable. However, setting the police up as a essentially a separate class is a bad idea all around. We have too much of it already.
Last edited by Vonz90 on Sun May 19, 2019 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
g-man

Re: Death penalty for cop killers

Post by g-man »

Agree. I am involved in ZERO activities which would even begin to pass the sniff test for a no-knock raid at my house. My immediate neighbors? I have my suspicions, and am grateful we’re moving soon. That said,I still must assume anybody kicking my door in at O-dark-thirty is a bad actor, and needs high-velocity Rx-strength Pb administered. Now because officer snuffy’s whole team done f’d up and picked the wrong house, I’m up for higher penalties because they’re stupid?

As much as we think shit won’t pass because Massachusetts, this is exactly the kind of “dogs can’t have any teeth unless they’re our pet wolves” stuff that Marxists would do. Reference Venezuela circa 2012-present.

Make our protectors special
Make it illegal for anyone else to protect themselves
Use special protectors for WTF ever we want...

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Either the death penalty is on the table for murdering anybody, or it’s off the table. I think it should be on the table. But not just for ‘cop-killers’.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

Hear, hear!
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
Precision

Post by Precision »

g-man wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 1:28 pm Agree. I am involved in ZERO activities which would even begin to pass the sniff test for a no-knock raid at my house. My immediate neighbors? I have my suspicions, and am grateful we’re moving soon. That said,I still must assume anybody kicking my door in at O-dark-thirty is a bad actor, and needs high-velocity Rx-strength Pb administered. Now because officer snuffy’s whole team done f’d up and picked the wrong house, I’m up for higher penalties because they’re stupid?

As much as we think shit won’t pass because Massachusetts, this is exactly the kind of “dogs can’t have any teeth unless they’re our pet wolves” stuff that Marxists would do. Reference Venezuela circa 2012-present.

Make our protectors special
Make it illegal for anyone else to protect themselves
Use special protectors for WTF ever we want...

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Either the death penalty is on the table for murdering anybody, or it’s off the table. I think it should be on the table. But not just for ‘cop-killers’.
Pretty much

If you kill Dufus the crack addled monkey for illegally breaking into your house, get a medal.
If you kill Officer Snuffy while he is illegally breaking into your house, why should you not also get a medal.

If Dufus the crack addled monkey kills you after breaking into your house, he should get the death penalty.
If Officer Snuffy kills you after illegally breaking into your house, he should get the death penalty.
....If Officer Snuffy kills your dog out of spite, he should get 10 years minimum.

If you roll up on Dufus the crack addled monkey or Officer Snuffy and murder them for kicks, you should get the death penalty.

Fair is fair.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
D5CAV

Post by D5CAV »

Precision wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:45 pm If Officer Snuffy kills you after illegally breaking into your house, he should get the death penalty.
....If Officer Snuffy kills your dog out of spite, he should get 10 years minimum.
+1

I'm good on death penalty for cop killers once I see the first cop get the death penalty for shooting a citizen in some "sorry, wrong address" no-knock raid.

I'm still waiting...

I hunt, and I've hunted over many good dogs and some not-so-good dogs, so my attitude towards dogs is rather utilitarian. A good hunting dog costs about $10k to replace. I've seen a sloppy hunter pull out his checkbook to replace another hunter's pointer, and watched a rather irate hunter check an empty kennel at the airport.

An exceptional hunting dog is maybe $100,000. That's also the cost of a well trained US Army police dog (mostly training cost). Most police dogs wouldn't make it as US Army dogs, so the penalty shouldn't exceed the penalty for destroying $100,000 worth of government property.

However: https://www.rutherford.org/publications ... oting_dogs
the general consensus from the courts thus far has been to absolve police from charges of wrongdoing. Conversely, while police routinely receive little blowback for shooting family pets, shooting a police dog can land you in just as much trouble as if you shoot a human being: for instance, a teenager who shot and killed a police dog received a 23-year prison sentence.
Yeah, if "Joe citizen" gets 23 years for shooting a police dog, 10 years minimum for po-po shooting your dog sounds fair.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

TPTB should worry that Joe Citizen is less and less inclined to care whether Ossifer Saftee goes home at the end of his shift. That doesn't seem to have sunk in yet.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
Precision

Post by Precision »

I like individual officers. Hell, I live with and routinely pork one. Officers as a group get quite a bit more jaundiced an eye from me.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/