North vs LaPierre

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Vonz90

Re: North vs LaPierre

Post by Vonz90 »

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/05/ ... amendment/

Interesting observations. I think the muddle away from 2nd Amendment only seriously hurts the NRA. Not that I disagree with the positions, but a pro gun Democrat should feel free to join too if they want to maximise their footprint.
Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

Been a Life Member since 1979, always add change and a buck ordering from supportive suppliers and send extra ever since. I dunno if or how much of this is a kefluffle but NRA still pisses off the Dems and I'm good with that.
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

So Wayne spent a crap load of money in Beverly Hills. I don't a lot of members would be upset if it was in Iowa at Brownells.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
Rich Jordan

Post by Rich Jordan »

Reportedly the next BOD meeting is in Anchorage. Seems to be a fair amount of speculation they chose that location to make it a little more difficult for unhappy NRA members to attend.
Precision

Post by Precision »

turd in toilet bowl. perhaps it won't flush if the water is frozen?

NRA logic?
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Rich Jordan wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 4:09 am Reportedly the next BOD meeting is in Anchorage. Seems to be a fair amount of speculation they chose that location to make it a little more difficult for unhappy NRA members to attend.
If that’s their goal, I am not sure if it is going to work out the way they want.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

scipioafricanus wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 11:00 am So Wayne spent a crap load of money in Beverly Hills. I don't a lot of members would be upset if it was in Iowa at Brownells.
Not so much.

Spending his own money? Whatever and where ever he wants. Spending the NRA's money, meaning money from the members? Spend it on what WE want, which is fighting for the Second Amendment. I've no problem with reasonable expenses incurred in doing so (transportation, legal fees, etc), but when you're apparently milking the organization AND rolling over for everything the other side hands out you're not doing what the membership wants.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

One thing I saw seemed to indicate that Wayne has been keeping a mistress at our expense.

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

Netpackrat wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 6:49 pm One thing I saw seemed to indicate that Wayne has been keeping a mistress at our expense.
Is that the "intern?"
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

scipioafricanus wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 10:05 pm
Netpackrat wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 6:49 pm One thing I saw seemed to indicate that Wayne has been keeping a mistress at our expense.
Is that the "intern?"
There was a letter from Ackerman-McQueen published that was in response to the demands made in NRA’s lawsuit. In order to comply, they requested clarification on some of the items that NRA had been paying them for, one of which was the exact business relationship between NRA and some woman they had been asked to rent an apartment for.

It is probably not a good idea to declare war on one’s own pet PR firm.