Tactical Rabbi

The place to talk about personal defense, preparedness, and survival; both armed and unarmed.
Vonz90

Tactical Rabbi

Post by Vonz90 »

Netpackrat

Re: Tactical Rabbi

Post by Netpackrat »

But others in the world of Jewish security were less sanguine about the prospect of so many armed men in a house of worship.

“People are fixated with guns,” said Jason Friedman, executive director of the Community Security Service, which has trained thousands of volunteers, including scores in Los Angeles. “The debate about security has been framed around guns, and I always try to open up that frame.”

One rabbi outright opposed men coming to pray armed.

“The solution is never the gun,” said Rabbi Avraham Zajac, who leads a Chabad congregation in Los Angeles. “The solution is [surveillance] training.”
Be a rude awakening the day they learn their jew-jitsu won't cut it against an armed threat.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

Pre-armed is way better than post-dead.
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
randy

Post by randy »

“The solution is never the gun,”
Apparently a study of history, even Jewish history, is not a requirement to become a Rabbi.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

“The solution is [surveillance] training.”
They'll still be dead, but it will all be on tape.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
Precision

Post by Precision »

Windy Wilson wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 2:18 pm
“The solution is [surveillance] training.”
They'll still be dead, but it will all be on tape.
What he said. Surveillance is the method to predict where to send the guns. Not how to avoid needing the guns.
But some people are bound and determined to make it easy for others to regulate their body temp to ambient.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/