PLA Army Food is bad

Keep it clean people, this is almost a family friendly site
Jered

PLA Army Food is bad

Post by Jered »

Steve1989 found something that he won't eat.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Precision

Re: PLA Army Food is bad

Post by Precision »

awesome review.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

Born in 1950. Grew up in a smallfarm family; ate a lot of stuff most folks wouldn't, but nothing terrible. In the Boy Scouts from age 11, one of the Grandfathers in the NG kept us supplied with "C' and "K" rations on monthly campouts, mostly early 1950's stuff. Learned to stir the motor oil back into the peanut dust in the golden flat cans, soak the biscuits in hot water and hide the smokes from the ScoutMaster. Canned lima beans and ham was delicious. Since then, whitebox/black letter welfare food at home, gov't surplus food at school, etc. til I grew up. Since then I've had a more varied and better diet but I'm not afraid of any MRE's, be they Brit, Yank, Kraut etc. I even liked the early MRE scrambled egg-bricks. I'm not such a gourmet that I'll refuse a meal if it keeps my bellybutton from riding my backbone. I'd eat that chinese MRE if I was hungry.
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
randy

Post by randy »

Nothing says FTX to me like a C-rat can of scrambled eggs and ham eaten cold because we are on an "ambush patrol". Ah, memories.

Seriously I never had a problem with C-rats, MREs or LRRPs rations. The only one I didn't really like was the C-Rat spaghetti and meatballs because it tasted too much like (and probably was) Chef Boy-Ar-Dee. Something about their flavoring never set right with me since I was a kid. Eat it, yes, enjoy it, not so much.

I think his point on the PLA MRE was that it seemed that the pork was actually rotten, not just bad tasting.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

When the dude who taste tests Boer War surplus emergency rations with no ill effects gets food poisoning from a thing, you know that thing is no good.
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
Jered

Post by Jered »

Cybrludite wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:07 pm When the dude who taste tests Boer War surplus emergency rations with no ill effects gets food poisoning from a thing, you know that thing is no good.
He ate some leftover Civil War hardtack, too.
Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

Common sense--pick battles you think you have a good chance of winning. If things look grim; they prolly are. Only go out on a limb if odds and info are supportive or if you have no better odds.
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

This is very telling when the chinese army cant get rations right, how good are they at the complicated stuff?
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Jered

Post by Jered »

HTRN wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:22 am This is very telling when the chinese army cant get rations right, how good are they at the complicated stuff?
Nasty-ass inedible food is not good for morale or combat effectiveness, either.
Dinochrome One

Post by Dinochrome One »

I saw that review; he said he couldn't tell if the pork was actually green or those bits were some leaf-fragments. I think it was the smell that tipped him off. He DID try the other items in the meal.
And, yes, if a randomly-selected recently-produced meal is that bad, morale will suffer.
Maxim 34: If you're only leaving scorch-marks, you need a bigger gun.