Latest Darwin Award Winner

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
D5CAV

Latest Darwin Award Winner

Post by D5CAV »

Of course, instead of bestowing a well-deserved Darwin Award, Fordham University is holding a vigil.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/14/nyre ... fries.html

Yes, it was dangerous:
It was forbidden. But the group of friends sneaked into Fordham University’s most recognizable building in the dead of night anyway early Sunday.
It wasn't mentioned in the NYT article, but I'm pretty sure her last words were "hold my beer while I take this Snapchat video."
“It’s like a senior thing to go on the most popular building on campus,” said Priscilla Morales, a psychology student at the university. “Recently people heard the door was open or found a passageway. They usually go late at night at around 1 or 2 a.m. to drink and see the view.”
Too bad, so sad.

Thank you, Sydney, for not involving firearms in this.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old Grafton

Re: Latest Darwin Award Winner

Post by Old Grafton »

Truly sad event. May her parents be comforted in their grief.
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
randy

Post by randy »

As the parent of a daughter graduating in a month, I sympathize with the parents. With the doofus in question, not so much.

Fortunately Darlin' daughter seems to have internalized "Don't do stupid things with stupid people in stupid places at stupid times".
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
D5CAV

Post by D5CAV »

She can serve as a lesson for others
As he spoke, a group of students passed by the back door to the building that holds the tower. A young man and his father walked up and tugged on the locked door.
Unfortunately, in the words in Kipling "...and the burnt fools bandaged finger goes wobbling back to the fire."

Maybe they can rename it "Darwin Tower" and people might get the hint.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe