Past Russia Collusion

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
D5CAV

Past Russia Collusion

Post by D5CAV »

Under BHO and "Uncle Joe": https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-04- ... ne-problem
n his own words, with video cameras rolling, Biden described how he threatened Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko in March 2016 that the Obama administration would pull $1 billion in U.S. loan guarantees, sending the former Soviet republic toward insolvency, if it didn’t immediately fire Prosecutor General Viktor Shokin. -The Hill
Why did "Uncle Joe" care about a Ukraine politician? Because Viktor Shokin was investigating corrupt dealings with Biden's son Hunter Biden.
he prosecutor he got fired was leading a wide-ranging corruption probe into the natural gas firm Burisma Holdings that employed Biden’s younger son, Hunter, as a board member.

U.S. banking records show Hunter Biden’s American-based firm, Rosemont Seneca Partners LLC, received regular transfers into one of its accounts — usually more than $166,000 a month — from Burisma from spring 2014 through fall 2015, during a period when Vice President Biden was the main U.S. official dealing with Ukraine and its tense relations with Russia. -The Hill
Nothing to see here folks. Move along!
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Vonz90

Re: Past Russia Collusion

Post by Vonz90 »

I saw that too, but you don't have to dig even that deep. The dossier that they have been waving around since the election is itself an act if collusion. All of the "new" information in the document came from people connected with the Russian government or oligarchs connected with it. Okay, so it was all BS but that just means that Putin and his pals were playing a wide game.
Johnnyreb

Post by Johnnyreb »

People like Biden should be tried for treason. That it will not happen is all the proof needed that our govt. is broken and our Constitution shattered.
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

Johnnyreb wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:16 pm People like Biden should be tried for treason. That it will not happen is all the proof needed that our govt. is broken and our Constitution shattered.
Flipper Kennedy tried to get the Soviets involved in the '84 election. The rot is bone-deep, and has been for some time.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
Wrenchbender1

Post by Wrenchbender1 »

Vonz90 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:51 pm I saw that too, but you don't have to dig even that deep. The dossier that they have been waving around since the election is itself an act if collusion. All of the "new" information in the document came from people connected with the Russian government or oligarchs connected with it. Okay, so it was all BS but that just means that Putin and his pals were playing a wide game.
I stumbled across this video a long time ago, and I thought that the direction our society was headed was due, in part, to a long defunct soviet program. However, since the last election, I've been of the opinion that the program described by Yuri in the video is very much active.

Basically, I think that while Russia might have preferred one candidate or another, it wasn't their primary concern. I think that their main objective is destabilization. When we're united as a country, we're about as unstoppable as a nation can get. When we're at each others throats, not so much.

Edit: I think I posted the wrong video. Here's part one of the video I was thinking about.
Beware lest in your anxiety to avoid war you obtain a master.
- Demosthenes