First woman PM of NZ calls for gun ban

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
D5CAV

First woman PM of NZ calls for gun ban

Post by D5CAV »

Surprised much?

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-03- ... y-actually

NZ gun owners are f####d because they stupidly registered their guns about 20 years ago after some other shooting. Of course they were promised that their guns would never be confiscated ... Yeah, like Charlie Brown, Lucy and the football.

So far less than 100 gun owners "voluntarily" turned in their guns.

After the first dozen or so raids by the NZ Homeland Security Police, where the gun owner is either shot or perp-walked out, the rest of the good citizens will meekly turn in their guns.

I figure the same will happen here in a few years.

I hear a lot of talk, but most gun owners can't even be bothered to go to the range once a quarter. After a few public spankings by po-po, they will comply.

I'm getting to the point where I have a hard time caring.

http://captaincapitalism.blogspot.com/2 ... nnial.html

Just enjoy the decline.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Rich Jordan

Re: First woman PM of NZ calls for gun ban

Post by Rich Jordan »

She has also put on a hijab, urged others to do the same, and ordered the playing of islam call to prayer nationwide (at least) one time.

I just linked the first hit on this: here
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

A thing to remember is that the RTKBA was added specifically because under English common law a Lord had the right to confiscate weapons from his subjects. It was a break from that tradition.

Obvilously that tradition flourished in England and the rest of the countries it spawned.
Precision

Post by Precision »

Not all women are communist shitbags. Probably not even a plurality are.

But it sure seems like a lot of the communist shitbag women go into politics, and succeed / fail upwards.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Jered

Post by Jered »

...and according to someone who knows a guy, their licensing procedures weren't followed.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
randy

Post by randy »

Jered wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:08 am ...and according to someone who knows a guy, their licensing procedures weren't followed.
Well, that follows the pattern in the US: "Our laws are not followed by our government officials, so obviously we need more laws!"
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Jered

Post by Jered »

scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

Jered wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:46 pm This column didn't age well.
The recent shooting in America raises an interesting debate; the gunmen's murdering actions were stopped by a nearby citizen who owns his own firearm and was able to acquire it quickly and shoot and wound the gunmen.

Wounding the gunmen stopped his rampage and no doubt saved the lives of many more people. Does this suggest that New Zealand members of the public who are responsible firearm owners should be allowed to carry their gun and have it readily available should they be on the scene of an armed crime?

Hopefully we never come to that.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
Jered

Post by Jered »

...and now they want to start on bolt action rifle over here.
All of them are for sale on the open market here in the United States of America. You can go down to your local gun store and buy one tomorrow. That means you’ll be able to set the damn Scorpion (sic) up on its bi-pod and hit a so-called “soft target” so far away you need a goddamn telescope to see it.
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

Jered wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:41 am ...and now they want to start on bolt action rifle over here.
All of them are for sale on the open market here in the United States of America. You can go down to your local gun store and buy one tomorrow. That means you’ll be able to set the damn Scorpion (sic) up on its bi-pod and hit a so-called “soft target” so far away you need a goddamn telescope to see it.
West Point grad, huh.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka