Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
g-man

Re: Does not follow...

Post by g-man »

Netpackrat wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:56 am Found out yesterday that I have apparently been the subject of a bit of a running joke at work....

"Next time we have an earthquake, I am going to find something Del built and hide under it."

Flattered as I am, they can have at it. I will be out the nearest exit.
My wife continues to stress that doorways are the best place to be. I argue that outside, away from structures is better. If the earth wants to swallow me up, I’d prefer the odds of surviving a fall into a hole, rather than the odds of surviving a fall into a hole given there’s a building on top of me. Maybe I’m just crazy.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

https://www.foxnews.com/science/mass-ch ... ic-secrets

What the neck, 150 babies is a slow week for Planned Parenthood
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

g-man wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:17 pmMy wife continues to stress that doorways are the best place to be. I argue that outside, away from structures is better. If the earth wants to swallow me up, I’d prefer the odds of surviving a fall into a hole, rather than the odds of surviving a fall into a hole given there’s a building on top of me. Maybe I’m just crazy.
It should be noted that in the '64 quake, there were supposedly some kids that fell into a crack that opened up, and then the crack closed back up on them.

My commentary on heading for the next exit wasn't really indicative of anything other than the age of the building I work in.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

A 46-year-old man walking on an Indiana parkway reached for his 9mm pistol when it began to slip from his waistband — with unfortunate results, police wrote in a press release.

The pistol fired, striking Mark Anthony Jones in the penis and scrotum, police in Marion, Indiana, wrote. The incident took place early Thursday morning.

Jones was carrying the Hi Point 9mm pistol in his waistband without a holster, police wrote. He reached down to adjust the gun, which had slipped, when it fired.
https://www.sacbee.com/news/nation-worl ... 55879.html

Hadn't realized Hi-Point pistols were equipped with a decocker...

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
evan price

Post by evan price »

Two trucks down. Two starters and four batteries. Two trucks back running.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
Jered

Post by Jered »

I got a call that the SOT got my F4 stamps.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Jered wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:15 am I got a call that the SOT got my F4 stamps.

Rich Jordan

Post by Rich Jordan »

g-man wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:17 pm
Netpackrat wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:56 am Found out yesterday that I have apparently been the subject of a bit of a running joke at work....

"Next time we have an earthquake, I am going to find something Del built and hide under it."

Flattered as I am, they can have at it. I will be out the nearest exit.
My wife continues to stress that doorways are the best place to be. I argue that outside, away from structures is better. If the earth wants to swallow me up, I’d prefer the odds of surviving a fall into a hole, rather than the odds of surviving a fall into a hole given there’s a building on top of me. Maybe I’m just crazy.
Not in a quake zone here so its not a point of frequent study or drill, but didn't they used to talk about 'the triangle of life', where if you could not get out of the building, you should hunker down next to (but not under) a strong piece of furniture because it would hold up any falling roof/ceiling and keep you from getting crushed; even if it partly collapsed it would stlll preserve some space next to it from large debris...

Still a thing?
Jered

Post by Jered »

Netpackrat wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:05 am
Jered wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:15 am I got a call that the SOT got my F4 stamps.
Got them.

Now I need $30 worth of parts to make the collapsable stock work right
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Greg

Post by Greg »

Having a couple too many 'when worlds collide' moments here.

I recognize too many of you guys on Facebook. :)
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr