Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Jered

Re: Does not follow...

Post by Jered »

Dammit! Broke the winch cable on my ATV.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Jered wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:54 am Dammit! Broke the winch cable on my ATV.
A common problem when you are using it to raise a plow. You need to somehow increase the radius that it goes around and decrease the angle if possible. On an old Honda we used to have, I modified a snatch block and re-routed the cable to accomplish both of these and we never had a problem with the cable again.

We have an ATV plow setup at work and the ground service vehicle mechanics cannot seem to ever figure this out.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

I was moving bedroom furniture around. Found a handgun in its case that I'd forgotten about. Bonus! Apparently, I'd been arranging a range trip, and that one didn't get selected. Must have gotten kicked under there.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Greg

Post by Greg »

I have a problem. I just ordered another 10 pmags and a cheap (Holosun) red dot for the AR I just got that hasn't been to the range yet.

So for an AR that I intend to pretty much be a range toy (to see if I like this AR thing), I'll have 20 mags and what I would tentatively consider to be a range toy red dot.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Jered

Post by Jered »

I'm gonna put a cheaper red dot on my MG when I get it.

You don't have a problem.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

So i just came across something interesting.

A manual operated, suppressed 9x19 where the mag is actually part of the grip. Called the VP9, made by B&T AG.

This may seem familiar to some of you. It should. Its basically a updated Welrod. :shock:

The truly funny part, is the marketing its supposedly for use by Veterarians. :lol: it even includes a booklet on dispatching animals..

It was available to purchase, but seems sold out at the moment.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

“Everything is simple if you don’t know a f*****g thing about it.” Kevin Williamson
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Holy shit, I thought they would never catch this guy:

https://www.sunjournal.com/2019/02/15/c ... in-auburn/

I was living in one of the neighboring dorms when the girl was murdered in Bartlett. I don't think I knew the suspect although the name is familiar for some reason. It's probable that I had a class or two with him. A girl I went to high school with who also went to UAF apparently knew the guy slightly.

Ended up going into Bartlett hall a couple times that year (I was a freshman). It was a little like walking into a bad neighborhood. They replaced all of the staff for the next year, and I think moved most of the old residents to different dorms, and about half of us from the other building (which was the 24 hour quiet dorm) moved over for the next year, and the vibe was totally different.

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Got to call about a penn senator, want to go for yellowfin this year.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

This probably deserves its own thread, but that seems like a waste of time as dead as this place has been:

https://reason.com/volokh/2019/02/20/su ... sive-fines