PROJECT 203

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Catbird

PROJECT 203

Post by Catbird »

Part 1:
M203 37mm sm.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"If at first you don't succeed, that's one data point." XKCD
randy

Re: PROJECT 203

Post by randy »

I am intrigued and wish to sign up for your newsletter.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Aren't these for sale for like 1800 bucks plus the tax stamp?
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
g-man

Post by g-man »

Aren't the grenades themselves the DD's, and these don't need a tax stamp? And if the grenade IS the DD, is the casing the serialized part, meaning one could reload them?
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

I think both are DDs. Dunno about the second question.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Captain Wheelgun

Post by Captain Wheelgun »

IIRC, the 37mm version only launches flares, so is not considered a DD. There may be other rounds available in that size, however.
"What is this, the Congress Avenue Independence Day Parade?" - Capt. Karl von Stahlberg, RTN
Republic of Texas Navy Archives
D5CAV

Post by D5CAV »

I've never seen live grenades offered for sale as DDs. If they were, they would come with a $200 tax stamp for every registered grenade round.

The launcher itself needs a $200 tax stamp as registered DD. They can be had for less than $2000.

40mm practice rounds (filled with chalk powder) can be had for about $15 per round. Not as cheap as .22, but I have rifles that shoot more expensive ammo. 40mm parachute flares and other non-DD items (such as smoke) can be had for more $$s.

http://www.txmgo.com/index.php/shop/amm ... alk-rounds

I like grenades. If I had a choice between being able to buy FA or grenades, I'd pick grenades.

M386 (HE) for the M203 and M67 (frag) for all other problems.

Favorite "Serenity" line: "It sure would be nice if we had some grenades!"
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Jered

Post by Jered »

Form 4 or Form 1?

Also, the NFA branch is shut down, I think.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Catbird

Post by Catbird »

Part 2:
AR15A2sm.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Catbird

Post by Catbird »

Twenty one days and three phone calls later, Brownells finally emailed me the $150 gift certificate which came as part of the launcher order. Now I can order the installation kit which will allow me to mount the launcher on my rifle.

Also, this came today:
SideSlingSwivelsm.jpg
It is a sling swivel mount which attaches to the front sight post. The standard sling swivel must be removed when mounting the launcher. While doing research, I learned from this guy that the military issue Colt version costs twice as much and is identical to one sold by Rock River Arms, (If you can even find a Colt side mount swivel in stock anywhere). They charged me $21.60+10.00 shipping.