Cabelas stuff

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
Rich Jordan

Cabelas stuff

Post by Rich Jordan »

I'm a Cabelas Club member, got about $210 in club bucks, and $400 in gift cards that were bought at a discount. Since Bass Pro bought out Cabelas, our store (and reportedly others) are going downhill as far as my areas of interest (but if you just want clothes and such you're in luck!). The Cabelas here has one other unrelated strike against it; they're in crook county so sales of firearms and ammo are subject to queen sugar preckwinkle's extortionist 'added' taxes; paying that feels like subsidizing the democrat machine. Hell I even do nearly all my grocery and sundry shopping in the neighboring county for that reason.

If any of you are current fans of Cabelas, what's still worth looking at there at a fair price? Even if mail order? My default can be more reloading supplies despite the prices since its local, no shipping, no hazmat.

Thanks

Rich
HTRN

Re: Cabelas stuff

Post by HTRN »

Rich Jordan wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:20 pm (but if you just want clothes and such you're in luck!)
That's because the profit margin on clothing is obscene.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
evan price

Post by evan price »

Cabelas pricing on powder is criminal by itself.
There's always 22lr bulk packs.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

The markup on clothing is typically 400%.

Theres a reason clothing stores dominate malls - theyre one of the few things profitable enough to pay the huge rents typical in a mall.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Rich Jordan

Post by Rich Jordan »

evan price wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:36 am Cabelas pricing on powder is criminal by itself.
There's always 22lr bulk packs.
Not buying ammo at the nearby Cabelas. Not going to pay queen sugar's ammo extortion tax. I came close today (I'm looking at different europellet defensive ammo and buying enough to test operation in a potential carry pistol); Cabelas does have the best selection of ammo in the area, unfortunately. But I just could not make myself give preckwinkle more money

I stopped to look at powder and other reloading stuff today. Some of it (none I need of course) is within the ballpark of ok, but others have jumped a lot. IMR4227 was $29.00 in early 2018, and $39 now. I don't think the $29 price was a sale price at the time. I may wait for a component sale to expend those last Cabelas bucks. The 125gr SST bullets the Blackout likes aren't cheap anywhere and I'd like some more.