Mark Rober is the Troll God: Amazon Thief Glitter Bomb

Keep it clean people, this is almost a family friendly site
g-man

Mark Rober is the Troll God: Amazon Thief Glitter Bomb

Post by g-man »

I'm a subscriber on his YouTube channel, and I saw the thumbnail in the sidebar yesterday. I didn't put 2 and 2 together until my wife sent me the link. Mark Rober is a NASA engineer who built parts of the Mars rover, and who regularly builds wildly over-engineered things like a rock skipping machine

Some dumbass stole an Amazon delivery off Mark's porch. He got it on video, and the cops did f*ck-all, even with video evidence. So, he cooked up a bait-box glitter bomb... This is truly epic.

'WHAT THAAA FUUUUUUUUUU...."

Merry Christmas, package thieves!
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
randy

Re: Mark Rober is the Troll God: Amazon Thief Glitter Bomb

Post by randy »

Saw that earlier. Loved it! :lol:
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

He's far too nice - cs grenades and skunk scent are a thing..
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Precision

Post by Precision »

I agree, way too nice.

Popo disinterest is very disconcerting too. If I have video including the license plate of the get away car...
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
g-man

Post by g-man »

Oh, I agree he’s too nice. But he lives out here in the SF Bay Area, where policing in general is on a decline, and vigilantism (of the non-approved Antifa variety) ist streng verboten. I know a number of cops here who are doing their damnedest. But when you’re short-staffed and the choice is try and find this thief, or track down the guys making and selling full-auto GLOCKs down in Oakland (this IS happening, and the morons are stupid enough to market the things on Instagram...), you get the picture. General speeding enforcement by the CHP is pretty much a non-thing at this point. Big earthquake hits, and we’re pretty much on our own.

That said, I’m positive he’s capable of building something the size of that box which would vaporize the thief’s entire car, to include production of the HME. So he’s got to be careful and make sure it’s as ‘non-threatening’ as possible, lest HE get in trouble... which is totally bass-ackwards.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

Bank dye & ricin...

a nice higher-speed spinner and a stable gel filled with urushiol...

or a bigger cup of finely-ground flour on the spinner and a spark maker of some kind.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Wasnt it revealed that at least some of the "thieves" were friends of his?
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

I think he admitted as such. When Buzzfeed catches you, you're doing something wrong.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
Odahi

Post by Odahi »

I've been in favor of bank dye or indelible ink, as an additive to the tanks of water cannon when "protests" turn to riots. Thus: "You now have thirty seconds to disperse. You now have thirty seconds to disperse." After thirteen seconds, you roll them down the street like dice. Anyone who shows up at the ER (or anywhere else for that matter) purple, will be treated at the hoosegow for their injuries. AFTER the booking process is complete. "But it was only a fantasy... And the worms ate into his brain."
Birds gotta swim, fish gotta fly, assholes gotta ass, until the day they die.

"Common sense" is an oxymoron.