NYPD Marksmanship On Display

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
MarkD

NYPD Marksmanship On Display

Post by MarkD »

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2018/12/06 ... stigation/

Short version: Sumdood robs drug dealer, cop gives chase, fires 27 rounds at fleeing suspect (meaning he ran his gun dry, reloaded, and kept spraying-and-praying), hit him once in the neck and also hit two innocent bystanders.

Three hits out of 27, and two of them not the intended target.
randy

Re: NYPD Marksmanship On Display

Post by randy »

One problem with this is all the people that buy the "most highly trained police force in the world" BS and assume that if the cops perform like this, that a private citizen couldn't possibly do any better.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Ive posted previously on the nypd and requal. This incident does not surprise me.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

HTRN wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:26 pm Ive posted previously on the nypd and requal. This incident does not surprise me.
Well the "New York Trigger" they insist upon doesn't help matters, but I gotta believe they couldn't hit their plate with their fork anyway.

Happened a few years back too, guy had a beef with another guy, walked up on him and shot him once in the head. Cops threw down on the murderer and hit multiple innocent bystanders, it was reported as a "mass shooting" until they realized it was the cops who were the shooters.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Only 27 rounds? They are improving.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

Netpackrat wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:46 pm Only 27 rounds? They are improving.
Only one cop shooting. Most of the time it's multiple.
Greg

Post by Greg »

MarkD wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:54 pm
Netpackrat wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:46 pm Only 27 rounds? They are improving.
Only one cop shooting. Most of the time it's multiple.
Like that scene in 'Predator' where they're all screaming and sawing down the jungle on full auto.

Or what the LAPD does to Hispanic ladies in pickup trucks, YMMV.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Langenator

Post by Langenator »

Greg wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:32 pm Or what the LAPD does to Hispanic ladies in pickup trucks, YMMV.
That, to me, is the supreme example. How many rounds did they put into that truck, and they (thankfully, in this case) didn't hit the occupants at all?
Fortuna Fortis Paratus