Going under the knife again.

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
Rod

Going under the knife again.

Post by Rod »

Okay, got real sharp pain and problems walking about a month and a half ago. Turns out I have a pinched nerve and slapfoot. Guess falling or jumping off tanks isn't such a good idea. Neither is falling down in gunfight reenactments. I go in the 26th for spinal surgery to realign the 4th and 5th lumbar vertabraes and realign the nerve. One day procedure. Getting old ain't for the faint of heart.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
Cobar

Re: Going under the knife again.

Post by Cobar »

Hope it goes well, Rod. Get well soon.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Rod wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:15 amGetting old ain't for the faint of heart.
Does beat the alternative, though. ;)
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
randy

Post by randy »

Good luck!
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

Best wishes!
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Ugh, and good luck!
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Greg

Post by Greg »

Oof. Best of luck!
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Yikes. I feel you man. Going numb below the knee and getting dropfoot... Killing time after L4/5 surgery doing recovery trying to distract from the Vicodin bottle is how I found Kim and then this bar in summer 2005.

Only thing got me to surgery (so much nerve pain, no meds touched it) was a trip to Egoscue clinic in San Diego. Pete hisself (founder) was on site and got me in a couple creative poses and subtle moves that gave me relief -- repositioned the lumber/pelvis for a moment. Then I'd repeat. Nothing else would touch it.

Encourage you to search for Egoscue Backpain, or Egoscue Low back pain. San Diego, Portland, Austin and Nashville clinics in particular put up some really helpful videos.

Had a recurrence 8 weeks after surgery. They wanted to do a fusion that time at same location, I just went whole hog on Egoscue method and moved things back in line with postural therapy. 13 years later and doing good (a wee bit of numbs in the foot at times which tells me to get going on my alignment e-cises).
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Rod

Post by Rod »

What was really funny about this is that I'd had an MRI done two days before. The technician does a couple of x-rays in different positions and the doc and I are talking. I gave him the disc with the mri on it and he looked at the x-rays first. "Yeah, we'll just make a small incision here, adjust the vertebrae back to where they're supposed to be, move the nerve. Let's look at the mri. Well, maybe not!" Seems the pinch is farther down than he thought. He seems like a very good doctor.
On another note, I've been thinking about this for a few days and realize I've probably had this since 73 at Fort Hood. Did something stupid and woke up in extreme pain. Docs said you've pulled your lower back out. I've been in occasional pain ever since. Next on the list is getting into VA here (1 star rating) and increasing my disability rating.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
Precision

Post by Precision »

That is sucky stuff. Hope it brings relief and soon.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/