Termite's .308 lite loads...field tested!

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
HTRN

Re: Finally got off my dead butt and loaded the .308 lite loads.

Post by HTRN »

They did that 5 or 6 years ago, by reinterpreting "ammunition" as any component thereof. In other words, in their warped little world, primers are ammunition, powder is ammunition, cases are ammunition, and bullets are ammunition.

And oh, I made a mistake, it's actually a Type 06, not a Type 07(Firearm Manufacturer except DDs)

Surprisingly, it's cheap - only 30 bucks for 3 years.

HTRN
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Termite

Re: Termite's .308 lite loads...field tested!

Post by Termite »

Junior Termite has field tested the .308 lite loads.

He was at Grandpa and Grandma Termite's farm for VBS, a couple of weeks ago. The feral hogs are back, so I sent the Remington M600 .308 with him. He set up a chair in a blind, about 50-60 yds from a hog bait hole. Just before dark, several hogs came in. He sighted in on a gilt(young female, 80-85 lbs), and fired. She dropped on the spot. What he didn't realise was that the bullet exited at a strange angle and hit another hog, a young boar. He found it the next afternoon, when the buzzards started circling. It had run off a-ways, into some weeds.

One shot, two dead hogs. He's one up on me. :lol:
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Precision

Post by Precision »

Termite wrote:Junior Termite has field tested the .308 lite loads.

He was at Grandpa and Grandma Termite's farm for VBS, a couple of weeks ago. The feral hogs are back, so I sent the Remington M600 .308 with him. He set up a chair in a blind, about 50-60 yds from a hog bait hole. Just before dark, several hogs came in. He sighted in on a gilt(young female, 80-85 lbs), and fired. She dropped on the spot. What he didn't realise was that the bullet exited at a strange angle and hit another hog, a young boar. He found it the next afternoon, when the buzzards started circling. It had run off a-ways, into some weeds.

One shot, two dead hogs. He's one up on me. :lol:

we found the "grassy knoll" bullet. :lol:
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

ROAR! :lol: :lol: :lol: I love it. That young man is SO hooked now!

He'll be out in the field trying to duplicate or improve on that shot for the next 30 years.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

As for the light loading for yutes. I had a similiar issue with the Son&Heir. First centerfire rifle experience for him was as 14 yr old shooting my 30-06 M70 with a steel buttplate form a bench in a t-shirt.

Oops. My bad. He took it like a man for 3 rounds and said "Thanks Dad. That was cool. I'm done now." I went shopping. He liked the .270 M70 I got him just fine.
range day.jpg
The buttpad is old and hard and the pull is too short but he does fine with it. One of these days I need to find a piece of rosewood to match the grip and forearm cap. It'd look good spliced on to lengthen the pull with a new buttpad.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Denis

Post by Denis »

Termite wrote:One shot, two dead hogs. He's one up on me. :lol:
Good for Junior. Happy sausage-making and barbecue!
xavier55

Post by xavier55 »

Hello,

Why you use this thing for termite kill? there are different ways you can use the method on that it doesn't affect your cost. if anybody who interested in that method please contact me.
Yousc1945

Post by Yousc1945 »

its don't clear shouldn't something be said about you talking one another yet something looking relating to termites so I would love to share, Sydney Termites offers an extensive variety of moderate and viable irritation control arrangements all through Sydney's eastern rural areas. Call today to ask for a statement.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

My name is not Sydney, but I'll thank you to leave my irritated rural areas alone.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Captain Wheelgun

Post by Captain Wheelgun »

Spammers in the wire! Blow the claymores!
"What is this, the Congress Avenue Independence Day Parade?" - Capt. Karl von Stahlberg, RTN
Republic of Texas Navy Archives