Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Vonz90

Re: Does not follow...

Post by Vonz90 »

Looks like I am moving out of state in the near future.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

I read an article that mentioned Michael Moore. It said:
Moore, who has spent most of the past decade transitioning into a beanbag chair...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Greg

Post by Greg »

Vonz90 wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:08 pm Looks like I am moving out of state in the near future.
The Indiana thing? If it's a good opportunity, go for it and all the best.

Though on a personal note, now that I'm here I like this area so much, it would have to be something really special to pry me away.

So you must be about to go do something awesome. :D
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

I was just watching a ted talk on why millenials are useless, but it was preceded by an Acura commercial set to Motorheads cover of "Sympathy for the Devil"

Somebody in Marketing REALLY screwed that one up.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Greg wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:54 pm
Vonz90 wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:08 pm Looks like I am moving out of state in the near future.
The Indiana thing? If it's a good opportunity, go for it and all the best.

Though on a personal note, now that I'm here I like this area so much, it would have to be something really special to pry me away.

So you must be about to go do something awesome. :D
Thanks, it is somewhat hard to leave as this is home (most of my family is here) but it is an executive position and I have been trying to make that jump for a few years. So I think I need to jump on it while I can.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

https://youtu.be/QK2ftLU8Ibg

Mike Rowe is hysterical. I actually started laughing at the "wiccans and hippies" comment, the clown comment was funny too... :lol:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

So i got bored... :twisted:

Decided to do a bit of a thought exercise.

A Pierce titanium action, manners ultra light stock, and a sendero taper proof reaearch carbon fiber barrel all together weighs under 6.25 pounds.

.375 RUM generates just under 5500 fought pounds with a 300 grain bullet.

Recoil would be... unpleasant. :lol:

First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

HTRN wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:09 pm So i got bored... :twisted:

Decided to do a bit of a thought exercise.

A Pierce titanium action, manners ultra light stock, and a sendero taper proof reaearch carbon fiber barrel all together weighs under 6.25 pounds.

.375 RUM generates just under 5500 fought pounds with a 300 grain bullet.

Recoil would be... unpleasant. :lol:
If I ever hit the lottery, something like that in 7mm-08 would be the ultimate Scout-type rifle, especially for use in the lower 48.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

I figure that a light scope, rings, bedding, trigger, etc would bring the whole thing to roughly 7 and a half pounds.

A Pierce Ti action is roughly 1400 bucks, a Proof research barrel is 830 bucks, and manners stock is 600ish. Add in another 6 bills for a Leupold, a hundo for Talley rings, 250ish for a Jewell. Another hundred for supplies...

It can probably be had from a custom smith for 6k or less.

A Christensen Arms "Ridgeline" msrps at around 2 grand, is available in 7mm-08, and should weigh around 6.5 lbs sans optics or rings.

Im pretty sure you can't put a scout mount on a carbon fiber wrapped barrel.

Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

More fun and games with the plant in China. They are shipping assemblies missing components and blaming the design (the design hasn't changed in 10 years). WTF.

It was not so bad when they reported to us, but 4 years ago corporate switch our division to being regional (NA) and so the plant in China reports to the Asian regional structure - which gives not a rat's ass about our stuff. We have been slowly moving stuff back here, but in the meantime they are f-cking us every chance they get.