Declaration Of Independence Is Hate Speech???

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
skb12172

Declaration Of Independence Is Hate Speech???

Post by skb12172 »

A Texas newspaper has been posting the Declaration of independence paragraph by paragraph for the last week and it was banned by Facebook's hate speech algorithms. We live in interesting times!
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Old Grafton

Re: Declaration Of Independence Is Hate Speech???

Post by Old Grafton »

Well, FB backed off, but you can bet serious money that wasn't originally done by an inanimate algorithm but instead some tinpot faceless AntiF--k pussy.
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
Langenator

Post by Langenator »

Apparently is was the part with the phrase "savage Indians."

Maybe TJ should have used the phrase "Native Americans at an earlier stage of civilizational development." :roll:
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

Well, yes. I'm sure the sentiments expressed in the Declaration are hateful to would-be tyrants...and to the tokhe straav'. Tyrants don't like to be caught out, and slaves don't like being reminded.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
Captain Wheelgun

Post by Captain Wheelgun »

MiddleAgedKen wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:15 pm Well, yes. I'm sure the sentiments expressed in the Declaration are hateful to would-be tyrants...and to the tokhe straav'. Tyrants don't like to be caught out, and slaves don't like being reminded.
I see someone else has read 'The Final Reflection' by John M. Ford. One of the more interesting, but unfortunately non-canon, Star Trek novels. 'Willing slaves' is a very accurate description for most of the left these days. :twisted: :ugeek:
"What is this, the Congress Avenue Independence Day Parade?" - Capt. Karl von Stahlberg, RTN
Republic of Texas Navy Archives
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

Captain Wheelgun wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:42 pmI see someone else has read 'The Final Reflection' by John M. Ford. One of the more interesting, but unfortunately non-canon, Star Trek novels.
My all-time favorite Trek novel.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

It is a great novel. I would have read more about Krenn and Kelly.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

MiddleAgedKen wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:15 pm Well, yes. I'm sure the sentiments expressed in the Declaration are hateful to would-be tyrants...and to the tokhe straav'. Tyrants don't like to be caught out, and slaves don't like being reminded.
We need to take the name "Tohke Straav" mainstream. It just fits so well.
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

skb12172 wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:36 am It is a great novel. I would have read more about Krenn and Kelly.
Same here -- and Mak. "They showed a picture of the g'dayt ugliest Klingon I ever saw, all fangs and scars, and they were talking about him as if he were just the run of the Imperial Race. Then I saw it was me."
Jered

Post by Jered »

Langenator wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:12 am Apparently is was the part with the phrase "savage Indians."

Maybe TJ should have used the phrase "Native Americans at an earlier stage of civilizational development." :roll:
Well...they were savage Indians.

:roll:
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.